Dishnetwork blasting its Contractors

Satellite_Guru_X

Original poster
Mar 15, 2007
Hi to all,

Im writing this because I'am extremely concerned with the recent bashing that dishnetwork is inflicting on its internal Tech force and its external Contractor Tech force.

Starting Feb. 1, Dishnetwork has implemented a creed that is incredibly unfair against TECHS. Installing a Satellite system isn't very hard as most of know by way of either watching the Tech at work or trying it for yourself. Well that was until 2007 Feb1.

Dishnetwork now wants perfection! Yes they want every job installed to require a 100% pass. What happens if it doesn't pass at 100%???
You get CHARGEDBACK the complete job. If the job pays $80, all of the money goes back to Dishnetwork. Even if the customer has no problems and there system is doing great. You will still get CHARGEDBACK full job.

Can you go back and fix your job before the CHARGEBACK? NOPE

Nobody can be perfect everytime can they???:eek:

As a consumer, this sounds like good news to me. I have never been 100% satisfied with any installer service.

Well my contractors sucked. The first set didn't even tighten any of the cables they ran to the dish. And didn't aim it correctly. Second guy tightened the cables but didn't notice the dish was not aligned correctly. Guess who fixed it. Me. Using a simple $119 piece of equipment it was easy.

Guess Dishnetwork got tired of the worthless installers. Bad for the good ones though.

:(

I agree with Dish on this one. I have 3 houses and I am a loyal dish subscriber at each one. But when I had each installed over the years it takes a couple weeks to get everything right. They show up and waste an afternoon by saying they don't have this or that...then have to come back a few days later and put up half the stuff and say, well, this wasn't on the WO, so we will have to check on this. My last install at my newest house, the house already had the dishes up...pointed at 61.5, 110, & 119. We are in atlanta local area so we wanted the atlanta HD locals, which is 129. Well, yeah, it was blowing snow, but they blatently lied to me saying that the current situation would work.

I don't post a lot here, but I read it and like I said, I have 2 other installations, so I know better. After the locals didn't show up on the 211's guide they said to wait a few hours and it will show up.

Thats when I got mad and told them they were going to fix it or I was going to call Dish right then.

They went a head and put the new dish up (when all they needed to do was turn the 61.5 sat) and left the old two hanging. That was in December and there are still 3 dishes on my house. Yeah, Its nothing to take them down, but isn't that what you are paying the $45 (in this particular case Dish charged $90) to do?

I like dish and wont jump, but everyone except their tech service guys suck.

Dishnetwork now wants perfection! Yes they want every job installed to require a 100% pass. What happens if it doesn't pass at 100%???
You get CHARGEDBACK the complete job. If the job pays $80, all of the money goes back to Dishnetwork. Even if the customer has no problems and there system is doing great. You will still get CHARGEDBACK full job.

What "defines" a 100% pass? The paper survey done when the job is complete? If my installation had no problems and my service is great but the guy was an hour late (or some other inconsequential thing) and I give less than a 100% rating the installer makes nothing? (I can't remember the form, are there choices for each catagory of "yes" or "no" or are there levels like 1 to 5?)

I did my first install 10 years ago. Since then I've had two installers (Dish 500 then VIP622) and both were just fine. On the last one he said "I'm not picking up the third bird (129) but when you trim those trees you'll get it". I simply replied, as I grabbed my saw, "no, you tell me where and what to trim until we get it" and he was ok with that. He was also very reluctant to let me keep my 500 dish (that E* had already told me was mine). So if I'd downrated the form because of those chicken***t little things he wouldn't get paid to do the install?

I'm thinking this is gonna screw some good installers.

Phil

They do radom inspections. I posted a list of stuff they look for at DishRetailer.COM.

They look for stuff like unauthorized parts, bad grounding (no grounding) no drip loops etc.

Again their own DNS installers go through the same random inspection process.

Hi to all,

Im writing this because I'am extremely concerned with the recent bashing that dishnetwork is inflicting on its internal Tech force and its external Contractor Tech force.

Starting Feb. 1, Dishnetwork has implemented a creed that is incredibly unfair against TECHS. Installing a Satellite system isn't very hard as most of know by way of either watching the Tech at work or trying it for yourself. Well that was until 2007 Feb1.

Can you go back and fix your job before the CHARGEBACK? NOPE

Nobody can be perfect everytime can they???:eek:

How dare Dish ask it's installers to do a good, competent, complete, and correct job every time so that each of it's new customers (and existing customer for that matter) will be satisfied. :rolleyes:

They need to head down to Nogales, AZ. Here's a couple of pics from my aunt's house. No ground. Wires hang from the dish. No drip loops. No compression nut on one of the cables. I called Dish for her and she said to call the installer. The installer said it's working so they'll do nothing. We get many lightening storms during monsoon season. I sent these pictures to CEO@echostar.com and got no response.

Another aunt had an install with no ground. They also ran the second tv from the 522 across the floor, along a step then further across the floor to the kitchen TV. They used clear plastic tape to hold it in place.

Attachments

• dn1.JPG
    dn1.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 573
  • dn2.JPG
    dn2.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 537
Isn't 100% perfect supposed to be what the retailer is aiming for? Or should we be happy with 'ok' but not perfect?

If you have a problem with your customer demanding nothing but the highest quality of service, you are in the wrong line of business. If you think the criteria they judge you on is unfair, then take it up with them. But don't get pissed off if you get charged back because you left a customer unhappy.

This could mean that more installation jobs will be turned down for stupid reasons and more expensive service calls. Some of the requirements are totally rediculous. I say this because I read where if there is not enough clear line of site then they can get a chargeback just for that among other reasons. This means if you can get a signal you still might not get a system put in. There is a difference in having a good quality installation and taking requirements beyond that to where they can almost always find a reason to fail the installation. If a customer calls in with a complaint about install and the installer would not come out and fix the problem causing customer to call in then yes I think it should be checked and a chargeback on installation should follow.

Last edited:
Dishnetwork now wants perfection! Yes they want every job installed to require a 100% pass. What happens if it doesn't pass at 100%??? You get CHARGEDBACK the complete job.

The cost to roll the truck a second time is the same as the first. It's good for E*, good for the consumer, and the right thing for capable installers.

They need to head down to Nogales, AZ. Here's a couple of pics from my aunt's house. No ground. Wires hang from the dish. No drip loops. No compression nut on one of the cables. I called Dish for her and she said to call the installer. The installer said it's working so they'll do nothing. We get many lightening storms during monsoon season. I sent these pictures to CEO@echostar.com and got no response.

Another aunt had an install with no ground. They also ran the second tv from the 522 across the floor, along a step then further across the floor to the kitchen TV. They used clear plastic tape to hold it in place.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
They need to get rid of the riff raft who do work like that

I have worked in the Lenexa,Ks office for 5 yrs installing, this is problay the worse i have seen this place. EVERY job must be grouded, including apartments. It's not easy to find a ground source in a apartment, and today in the atm they starting going into fall protection. No matter what roof, must drill 6 3inch lags to secure your fall protection..lol The calenders are 7-10 days out, and we have to work on are days off now as well. You know i at one time enjoyed this place, but with new rules everyday it's getting hard to even get out of bed in the mornings.

I agree 110% with Inspecting DNSC Employees work!

The fact of the matter is that there is no accountability on the part of the installer, they do a crappy install and someone else gets sent out to correct their mistakes!

I sell systems nationwide and im getting sick and tired of being charged back on customers who disconnect due to a crappy installation. Don't get me wrong, its not like this happens once in a blue moon, I get about 1-2 disconnects per week over this crap!

Attatched is the sheet they use to score your installation. I wouldn't expect you to program the recover button on every customers remote contron, but there should be no reason why you can't score 100% every time!

Attachments

• DNSC.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 337
I have been a DNS tech for a couple years now. The latest focus on quality of install is rigorous, but for the most part, all requirements for a pass are attainable. There are some parts of the quality assurance checklist that are a little too extreme, but those can be subject to review and be adjusted. The only people to blame for the new requirements are installers themselves. In my area, there were a couple contractors that always did sub-par work. These new requirements are helping us clean-up our management areas. Not to mention the higher standards mean better installs for our customers. They are the ones who ultimately sign our paychecks.

-Steve

I often feel it's lack of training as well, from fall protection to grnding apartment installs. I understand grnding home or duplex installs, but there is no give in these people. Hell im just happy i have ddp twins that work..lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)