Dishnetwork blasting its Contractors

Out of the dozen people I know with Dish, I don't think a single one had a successful installation the first truck roll. I had two truck rolls and then ended up finishing the job myself.

Dish really should be going for 100% completion on the first truck roll. Anything lower then 90-95 percent should be unacceptable. Everyone makes mistakes so that should be taken into account but if they are having more then one or two jobs each week that are unsatisfied, they should be put on double secret probation.

What will happen to existing installations that are not up to dish's specifications. I did my install years ago and it is a mess. Some drip loops yet none on original dish. no ground on 1st dish 500, ground on 1000, and second 500 pointed to 61.5, that I also bought and installed myself. Dish sent two techs to install both 922 and 622 on two seperate occassions. I am really interested in leasing another 622 and wonder if I would pass inspection if dish leases me another 622? BTW there are two hdtv's and one hdtv pj in three different rooms so three hdtv receivers would really suffice.

I also agree! If you are a patient of a doctor during surgery you would want to make sure the doctor makes no mistakes! My case with a 3rd party installer was I had to take off of work three times to be home (Without Pay) and no installers ever showed! Also that 3rd party installers was listed on the "BBB" website as a low preforming business!

Im all for techs doing quality work, there were far too many that did very poor installs. And I agree that it is not fair that the quality techs go out to fix these poor jobs and deal with angry customers. If I was a customer I would be pissed off too. But to expect 100% every job. No way!. If dish would quit overloading the techs then maybe this is feasable. In my office I had hardly a TC, and was always the one being asked to take the repeat TC's by others, on top of doing 2 four and fours and a 2 and 2. This wears on people and eventually it left to me leaving. I think Dish should make a better effort to train and keep good employess rather than jack up some impossible standards and play DNS tech roulette. The game gets old fast.

as an installer, i see this as a good thing. Means more work for me...
If they actually started enforcing this stuff, there is probably a few retailers around here that will have to change their ways, or find a new line of work.

This doesn't really bother me, Wildblue QC's almost every job we do. If there is anything not done right, they do give you a chance to fix it though

Attatched is the sheet they use to score your installation. I wouldn't expect you to program the recover button on every customers remote contron, but there should be no reason why you can't score 100% every time!

According to that sheet, my install would have failed in so many areas it is not funny. I have no ground, the switch is mounted on a porch roof laying on its back with the wires running strait into it, no drip loops, and th cables run from the upper roof strait down the front of the house to the porch roof. Then they left parts laying around the yard from the superdish along with the DP34 that I no longer use. But I do have great signal strength, so I guess I should not complain.

They need to pay more money if they want good quality installations or start paying an hourly wage.

When you are offered a job, you should know what its going to take to complete your tasks. If you don't think the pay is sufficient, then don't take the job. The last thing you should do is do crappy work because you don't think you are compensated correctly.

I'm surprised some of you actually have jobs with attitudes like this. This is the type of comments you hear coming from workers at Mcdonalds.

Since the installers are the first people that most have contact with in their contact with Dish, they need to do an excellent install or they will cause people to cancel due to unproffessional installs , poor service etc.

The second department that Dish needs to focus on is the customer service department. These people are the most contacted department that customers deal with after the initial install. They need to be WELL INFORMED of how the policies , rules and promotions work for leased and customers that own their receivers. These people cause a lot of unneeded cancellations due to unproffessional ways of handeling the customers. They either are from India or Pakistan and no one can understand them or they are clueless Americans with attitudes or plain don't care about their job performance.

Case in point I called to add a 622 to my 2nd account for my parents. I only wanted the ota stations and the hd Dish locals since we already had sd locals from Houston. The first tech I contacted was rude and told me you have to have the $20.00 hd pack and no exceptions. I argued back no ,that with the hd enabeling fee you could get your hd locals and ota stations but that could only happen if she enabeled my receiver to do so. She kept arguing and finally I said let me speak to a supervisor. She said "SURE! "and I waited for 20 minutes on my cell phone till she came back and said "you still there? I 'm still looking for a supervisor!" I said where , the next state?

I hung up and got a regular csr , a man who told me the same line and once again I said no if I leased yes I would have to have the hd pack but I OWN this receiver and check with a supervisor . He did and came back and said " Yes you were right and I will turn the hd part on ." He did so but charged me for a $59.95 dish upgrade that I didn't want or need since I did my own dish 1000.2 install. I had to write to the ceo@echostar.com to get my bill straight.

Now all of this screwups, rude treatment and confusion by their part , not mine , would of caused most newbies to say : F*ck it and cancel the whole account. IF it wasn't for this web board and others I would definately not have known the rules about the hd enabeling fee and the place to email to get my bill straight. Just imagine how many cancellations are due to inept handeling of common basic billing mistakes, not following thier own rules and policies and not being informed of their own promotions.

I think if they would concentrate on both the installers doing their job right initially and the csrs and techs doing their job ongoing, this would improve the churn rate at DISH alone and they could add even more subs because of POSITIVE word of mouth by happy subscribers who speak well of the company. That is how Dish built themselves up from the begining . Just imagine all the negative word of mouth by those who have cancelled because of bad installations, bill screwups, rude csrs and techs? Each one tells about 10 people about their bad treatment and experience and then they tell 10 people and so on,and so on and so on.

INstallers first
Csrs & techs second.

They are also hiring more QA Inspectors where I work to QA as many jobs as possible.

I as installer am THRILLED to see Dish finally getting serious about the quality of work they are paying RSPs, subcontractors, and even retailers to go to a customers home and install or service.

Since more and more jobs are being QAed on a daily basis, eventually when you roll up on a service call you will not have to wonder what kind of mess you are walking into.

As far as the poster that started this thread complaining about the 100% correct installs, I guess if you are the type of installer that does quality installs then you don't have anything to worry about, but if you are like a lot of Techs that don't care what kind of work they do and are just concerned about how fast they can throw it in to make as much money as possible and if this is you I would be very worried about my future as an installer.

It took a phone call to me from a guy in the technical center that had access to the uplink facility to get my install correct. First he had the uplink center fix the audio sync on channel 9 from minneapolis, which I had called about many times and always told to reboot and no fix. He said it was their (dish) fault. Fixed in one minute. Then when i told him of the mess I had on my roof, he raised hell with my installer. The installer then called me and gave me hell for getting him in trouble. I had the techs name and phone number and asked him that I was told to call him if I got any negative feedback. "Then he calmed down. He then said he had to come and do a complete from scratch new install on my system and do it to code or not get paid. I told him if he would have done it right the 1st time he would not have to come back. No comment, but he came and redid the entire system with one solid cable form dish to grounding block located under the eve where there is a drip loop around the eve before going to the block and then grounded to the water pipe which is the electrical ground and then a solid cable to the receiver. Before I had splices laying on the roof that was allowing water to leak in and just one mess.
I know he does sloppy service any place he goes as I check with other people in town and they were also getting new installs of his work.
It is too bad you pros that are doing it the correct way but these fly by night guys are giving you the bad press. If you do it correct you should have nothing to worry about.

Yes,yes,yes,yes No,no,no,no

Ok everybody

I posted this information because I wanted to get FEEDBACK yes...

Yes, you as a consumer should get only the best for your bucks.

Yes, there are some very bad installers that should be retired at age 22.

Yes, many jobs get trashed by inexperienced or lazy techs looking for a quick buck.

Yes, every satellite and cable job must be grounded and installed properly and all tv's working groovy for years without issues.

No, satellite tech that does perform well and does a good job should have 100% monies subtracted from pay. Give chance to fix problem!

No, company is correct when extracting all monies for completed job by any employee. If you work 4 hours with pay of $15 per hour, thats what you get. If you perform poorly give warnings or FIRED before taking from employee's family.

No, its not right when many techs have done a great job. YOU know a few good techs that dont deserve this treatment. If your company practices this type of treatment to employees then you and them should be MOBSTERED.:hungry:

No, its against the law to subtract monies without employee signing statement saying that they agree to this BS.

Just my 2 cents

I understand what most consumers are going through and believe me I dont want bad techs to half ass do jobs and cause trouble calls and service calls. Customer going without TV for days and days. I know many good installers that do a great job. We all know a few great installers with families that dont need this BS.

Stealing dishnet signal is another reason why Dishnetwork is doing this and passing on the cost to the TECHs and CONSUMERS.

Many Satellite techs thinking about going on strike or changing jobs.
Dishnetwork are turning into some Bullie Mobwads.

Have a GREAT DIA:confused:

When you are offered a job, you should know what its going to take to complete your tasks. If you don't think the pay is sufficient, then don't take the job. The last thing you should do is do crappy work because you don't think you are compensated correctly.

I'm surprised some of you actually have jobs with attitudes like this. This is the type of comments you hear coming from workers at Mcdonalds.

From what I have heard from installers they are expected to get an x amount of installations done per day or they are fired. They will not give them time off when needed. If they want good installations done then they should not focus on quantity but focus on quality instead. Give the installers more time to do their job.

I read something about the 85% signal strength issue (55% for FSS). This is understandable for 110 and 119 but 129 could be tough. Many customers in certain areas that have lots of trees are going to be told that they cannot get a satellite installation done due to the new standards in place or they are going to be forced to do without locals even if they get a signal strength but not quite to 85%. 129 is low enough to cause issues with this. It states acceptable signal though for the new requirement so the installers would need to know what is acceptable for certain satellites. The signal issue is now considered an auto fail.

Well I think a good installer should do the job right.

Now saying that I also think that installers are not paid much for their work. expecially considering the gas prices these days.

I agree when I first got Dish in 1998 they sent a new kid down to Virginia Beach from Delaware and his first install was a 4 bedroom house. Well he got the dish mounted all right but got all the wires crossed. He started at 9:30 a.m. and didnt get finished until well after 10:00 p.m. at night when he tried to call for help they kept blowing him off. Finally they got it right and all was well threw the summer until we had a hurricane and we lost half our channels. It turned out that the SW64 switch was mounted out side the house in the open and water got into it.

Called and had Dish sens some one out to check the system and its turns out the SW 64 switch was mounted incorrectly with out being put in a plastic casing and he noticed when checking the wiring that the wrong type of cable was used on the install. It was not the proper one for Satellite TV. So he replaced all the outside wiring, put in a new SW 64 switch and put it in a protective case. tied up all the wiring that was left lying loose from the initial install and did not charge me a penny. He charged it all back to Delaware for a crappy install. Oh yes he also relocated the Dish from the top of the house to the side of the garage where it was out of the way of hurricane winds and I could get the snow out of the dish with ease. . . . FREE for me but for the installer who did the initial install 3 months ago PAIN and SUFFERING. . . .

Moved to West Virginia in 3003 and had the greatest install of my life. Never had a problem with anything after that install.

Point is if your an installer complaining to the people who have received crappy installs in the past because they are now holding you accountable you should find another line of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts