Dishnetwork blasting its Contractors

Guys Gents & DISHNETWORK EMPLOYEES

The bottom line is nobody should have to put up with 100% chargebacks from any company.

Its easy to say IF YOU DONT LIKE IT FIND A NEW JOB or Whatever... But when you work a full week at your company and then they tell you at the end of the week you didnt pass all company tests so we will deduct $500 from your check of $850, you will get red in the face and challenge why is this happening.
And yes we score always average 96% to 100%.

Anyways Im defending all the hard working Techs accross the USA. I didnt post this info to attack anyone, I posted it to get oppinions about how to FIX the problem. Why is it always people love to point the finger and make things worst when a true sin is dealt to the honest community???

If Dishnetwork was so perfect why do they need subs?

Right no one is PERFECT so dont force this 100% everytime crap on anybody.

By the way what about all the crooks stealing D-Net signal? Why should we have to pay for D-Nets issues.

NOBODY is PERFECT :flag:!protest
Bring it ON...

Mechanic's have the worst cars...

My personal install would fail QA, I have an unnecessary barrel (non-weather protected) in my sat line, my dish isn't grounded, my non-pen mount only has two bricks instead of four, my LOS for the 110 is maybe 3 feet from a tree, I tell you what, it works and works well and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks of that. It's mine and I like it that way.

I realize that no matter how much pay some installers get, they will still do an imperfect job and that there are many substandard installations out there and that something needs to be dome to improve quality of installations out ther but there are right ways and wrong ways to go about it.

Hopefully Dish Network will be able to make some changes (fine tune) accordingly to make things bettery for everybody (the installers and the customers) that makes sense for everyone. Perhaps pay based upon how good the checked installations are and if an x amount do not pass then have a three strikes your out rule and give them a chance to fix it once instead of having someone go out and do a bunch of installs without pay that may have made a minor mistake that he can fix.

I suuuure did Chadzx11! LOL

I'm a sub for a local retailer, and this is the way we handle our quality... We are always sent back out to fix a problem on one of our jobs. Always! And we never get paid for it unless it's something the customer did or faulty equipment. It's that easy. Just keep sending the same tech back out until he gets it right. I think that's the fair, equitable, rational thing to do. If the customer complains and sets up a trouble call, then it's a big NO-NO and it goes on the tech's scorecard. If the customer's system is working and they are happy, then horray for everyone. I give my personal cell phone to each and every customer...

Sure, it's all fine and good that Dishnetwork QCs some stuff. Looks for proper grounding and all that. But if it's not 100%, SO WHAT? Just fail them for it, put it on their scorecard, and it will affect their workload in the future. There is ALREADY a sufficient motivation to complete a job to Specifications. It's like chopping off hands for theft or hanging people for stealin horses... The punishment doesn't fit the 'crime'.

And by the way webbydude, they DON'T include ANY of those RG59 jumpers with ANY recievers any more! I'm super pissed off about it. I SURE don't want them to take away the DPP seperator jumpers. But I agree with what you're saying about those cables being "lower quality" but still just fine and dandy to use in their respective places.

Here's what I do... Just refuse to abide by these rediculous standards. Set new terms for the contract. There are two parties involved here. If you don't like their offer, make a counter offer. If your contractee doesn't like the terms he can find a different installer or make another counter offer. I know the competition. I'm one of the top installers in my area. They are making to much money off me to just stop using me because of some random quality issue like the name that's printed on the cable you use. You've got a pair, use em! :D

And by the way webbydude, they DON'T include ANY of those RG59 jumpers with ANY recievers any more! I'm super pissed off about it. I SURE don't want them to take away the DPP seperator jumpers. But I agree with what you're saying about those cables being "lower quality" but still just fine and dandy to use in their respective places.

Here's what I do... Just refuse to abide by these rediculous standards. Set new terms for the contract. There are two parties involved here. If you don't like their offer, make a counter offer. If your contractee doesn't like the terms he can find a different installer or make another counter offer. I know the competition. I'm one of the top installers in my area. They are making to much money off me to just stop using me because of some random quality issue like the name that's printed on the cable you use. You've got a pair, use em! :D

It's not just the cable that is lower quality, but the jumpers themselves have crappy fittings (read, hexcrimped). As a sidenote/tangent....ever notice the connectors on ANY of the DP and DPP LNBs do not appear to be rated at 2Gig? Ok....nuff b*tching about that.

I wouldn't say I create any NEW contracts with my customers, but there certainly are times when I do have the option of embellishing upon a workorder. Custom work, if you will. Wallfishing....additional/mirror-imaged outlets...phone jacks...etc

Perhaps pay based upon how good the checked installations are and if an x amount do not pass then have a three strikes your out rule and give them a chance to fix it once instead of having someone go out and do a bunch of installs without pay that may have made a minor mistake that he can fix.

When the company I worked for really became dicks, they instituted a rule where the HMIC would not give us our own service calls. Chargebacks exploded, because we would not know if we were going behind one of our buddies or not. I pissed them off a couple of times when they sent me out on a service call to a self install and I flat out refused to touch it. I called them and said "FU, I ain't doing it." They have all kinds of hoops to jump through just to get a reinstall--it is really not worth it, especially if it is a big job, and the know it all customer used RG59 or twin lead (I ran across that once in east arkansas). Then they came out with a $150 fine for refusing a job. I made it my #1 business to get fired as soon as possible after that. :up

If they didn't give you guys a raise, then they bent you over for another $2 a reciever. Need some preparation H or astroglide to go with that? :D

I had a terrible experience with my install. One installer was a no-show. One showed up without the equipment to install, and could not speak English. I had to get a representative from Dish Network who was bilingual so that she could talk to him. When all is said and done, I don't think they installed a ground either. I get a buzz over my analog (which is why i switched to digital coax) and if I screw around with the box, I sometimes get zapped!

CSR Quality

This is all fine and dandy, but when is E* going to start demanding 100% quality from their CSRs? Areas like:

1. Knowledgeable of E* offerings
2. Courtesy to the customer
3. Admitting to mistakes
4. Customer appreciation (after all the” customer pays their salary”)
5. Calling back the customer to ensure quality service was rendered by the CSR
6. Making sure CSRs abler English :)

This is all fine and dandy, but when is E* going to start demanding 100% quality from their CSRs? Areas like:

3. Admitting to mistakes

"It's always the installer", but the 6 points made here.....

Makes you think twice.

RG-59 connections are still being included with the new satellite receivers. Yes they are hex crimped but I have not had any issues with the crimp itself. I have had issues from time to time with the center wire bending and so forth as it seems thin and cheap. When they do work they work good though and are only meant to be used for connections between the receiver and television (vcr, splitter, etc).

On installs that were performed incorrectly maybe what they should do is put a hold on the next pay for the amount paid for that installation until the customer signs a sheet once the installer goes back out stating that the install was performed correctly then the sheet get submitted to receive the money back.

3. Admitting to mistakes

I agree. I wrote something similar in an earlier post on this thread. They need to know how the damn promotions work , the rules etc. IT is frustrating to sit on the phone for over an hour with two different csrs /techs , to get them to turn on the hd portion of the 622 without charging for the 20.00 hd pack. They didn't understand that if you OWN the receiver , you only charge the hd enabeling fee for $6.00 instead of paying for the $20.00 hd pack. Aftrer I got the csr to turn on the hd portion and no hd pack , he charged me for a $59.95 dishupgrade I didn't need. Had to go through the ceo@echostar.com to get my bill straight. All because I bought a 622 hd dvr and added it to my second account. :(

Directv has better QC ...

Talked with a couple of Techs from Ironwood and found out that there QC program allows Techs to return to there job if routing permits and fix minor issues. Every week they get rated on how many phone lines connected and if jobs are grounded and system is up and running without service calls first month. QC's mostly check for ground, good signal, mount is ok, drip loops and weather protection.

Directv will chargeback but only if Tech isn't able to return to job to fix QC reported flaws.

Dishnetwork's program seems to change every other week when TECHs finallly get it the way they want it, then here comes another add-on or change to force Techs to work a little harder.

I say ground it, mount it secure, give good customer ed., run all new lines if permitted and weather proof. BUT all the other crap isn't needed.

Just my 10cents :D
IM DONE { God Bless }

As a consumer, this sounds like good news to me. I have never been 100% satisfied with any installer service.
Yeah well that's nice...Because what is going to happen is the business is going to be micromanged to the point where guys like me who take pride in our work are going to leave this business and all you'll be left with is $12 per hour rookies and lazy uncaring slobs....
Be careful what you wish for..You might just get it...

I can't wait till Dish forces us to use ALL new wire. NO on-site wire allowed. Rip it all out and replace it. That would be GRAND. I had a customer like that just the other day... he was having problems with Time Warner, so when I show up to install Dishnetwork, he demands I run ALL NEW WIRE. Despite the fact that there is ALREADY RG-6 going to EACH location. Smart guy this man. I tried to talk him out of it, and explain the quality of the cable. He was adamant, so I pulled all the old stuff and I ran all new line. Too bad for him the Time Warner cable was better quality than mine. What an idiot.

Hi to all,

Im writing this because I'am extremely concerned with the recent bashing that dishnetwork is inflicting on its internal Tech force and its external Contractor Tech force.

Starting Feb. 1, Dishnetwork has implemented a creed that is incredibly unfair against TECHS. Installing a Satellite system isn't very hard as most of know by way of either watching the Tech at work or trying it for yourself. Well that was until 2007 Feb1.

Dishnetwork now wants perfection! Yes they want every job installed to require a 100% pass. What happens if it doesn't pass at 100%???
You get CHARGEDBACK the complete job. If the job pays $80, all of the money goes back to Dishnetwork. Even if the customer has no problems and there system is doing great. You will still get CHARGEDBACK full job.

Can you go back and fix your job before the CHARGEBACK? NOPE

Nobody can be perfect everytime can they???:eek:
Our company is getting many visits from a competing contractor's techs looking for work..This contractor is violating just about every labor law in the book and gettiong away with it...Such as back charging the entire job because the tech didn't put a company sticker on the receiver. Or if the customer calls dish with 12 days of his new connection for service for a service call the tech is fined for the entire job..Even if the equipment is defective..The best part is the supervisors are pocketing the money!....
This satellite business is being run into the ground by ripoff artist scoundrels who are in it for a couple of years to suck the life out of the business...Fortunately the people I work for do business the correct way..No insane illegal chargebacks....no crazy work hours..Good deal..Because we all do such good work the local DNS office stays off our backs and even asks us to pick up service calls on installs done by other companies. Unfortunately it seems that most DNS contractors are owned by people who are not in the least bit interested in quality work or good customer service.
I will be leaving this business after nearly ten years. I am getting out because I see only more headaches cheaper pay rates . My costs have gone up significantly and to date the pay rates have been stagnant for at least 5 years. It is illogical to continue doing business only to earn less and less profit...

Isn't 100% perfect supposed to be what the retailer is aiming for? Or should we be happy with 'ok' but not perfect?

If you have a problem with your customer demanding nothing but the highest quality of service, you are in the wrong line of business. If you think the criteria they judge you on is unfair, then take it up with them. But don't get pissed off if you get charged back because you left a customer unhappy.
"customer unhappy"..Kind a of a broad term to be using to take food off a man's table, don't you think?..

This could mean that more installation jobs will be turned down for stupid reasons and more expensive service calls. Some of the requirements are totally rediculous. I say this because I read where if there is not enough clear line of site then they can get a chargeback just for that among other reasons. This means if you can get a signal you still might not get a system put in. There is a difference in having a good quality installation and taking requirements beyond that to where they can almost always find a reason to fail the installation. If a customer calls in with a complaint about install and the installer would not come out and fix the problem causing customer to call in then yes I think it should be checked and a chargeback on installation should follow.
I had two "trouble calls" which are according to DNS are non pay service calls..Both turned out to be customer caused..In one , the customer had moved his receiver to another room...The other, the customer bought a new TV and didn't know how to connect the satellite receiver..Needless to say the customers both had to pay for the (DHPP) truck rolls so I could fix their screw ups..I strongly advised each customer to allow us to do the work. We are professionals..This is what we are paid for..And that tampering with the equipment can result in voiding of the warranty..

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
They need to get rid of the riff raft who do work like that
These jerks will always be in this business because it's cheaper to hire scumbags who'll roll on 6 jobs a day and do crappy work on all of them. many contractors want production not quality..But will backcharge a hurried install (which they demand) in a heart beat...After all the contractor that sends his techs out with 15-18 hrs worth of work each day wants all jobs done at any cost..I have been to serivce calls where the dish was pointed into trees by the install tech...I have seen so much garbage it makes me sick..But these types seem to be the rule rather than the exception...Tragic

They need to pay more money if they want good quality installations or start paying an hourly wage.
Based on my piece rate the hourly wage would be prohibitive...NO one would pay it..Besides if I am on an hourly wage my employer then would have control over my time..As things are now, when I finish my last job, I am done..I go home..No reporting back the office to punch out. No remaining on call until a certain hour. no communting. I can work most days out of my home..Plus being hourly I would lose certain tax write offs that in no way I would relinquish..I agree however that the current trend of falling pay rates must be reversed. Both Satco's are reducing pay rates in order to find ways to control the cost to subscribers..Basically E* and D* are taking money out of the very people they depend upon to get them new customers installed and keep the customers they have..It's a one way street and they(D* and E*) are driving the tanks thru Tiananmen Square and we are waving the flower...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)