Dishnetwork blasting its Contractors

I still think that dish just needs goto in house hourly workers. and Pay them well and realize that really the techs are the first impression of dish with out them there would be no customers.

I still think that dish just needs goto in house hourly workers. and Pay them well and realize that really the techs are the first impression of dish with out them there would be no customers.

Good point. :)

But I'll even go one further. Dish has forgotten what (or at least lost touch with) made them in the first place. It was the local retailers. Without those grassroots entities, they would never have gained a foothold in the current industry. It's really a shame what has become with the retailer situation. Either getting backstabbed by inhouse techs or...worse yet...not even able to offer decent promotions like the direct sales people can.

topcat, can you please name for me ANY nation company that provides in-house service for installation and service of a national product using only employees?

To manage a national network requries several levels of management and a steady work flow to keep employees busy. No company can lay people off when it gets slow and hire like mad when things pick up. The best you can do, is maintain a work force that you can keep busy during the average low times and rely on contractors and dealer/installers to pick up the slack when sales increase. There is a fine line somewhere in that mix. At this time both DTV and DISH understand this issue and I think they are reaching that balance point. DISH has began to put more work on to subs and referrals to dealers, while DTV is still trying to use more in-house.

There is no way these companies can operate a national business model where they proivide 100% of sales, installations and service. At times they would have guys sitting around no getting 20 hours and other times they would be backed up for months.

The real problem with in-house techs is they do not have the training or desire to do custom installations. There are people in this world that are willing to pay to get something done the way they want it done. DNSC and the HSP's are good for every day installs, but fall short when it comes to anything custom.

Good point. :)

But I'll even go one further. Dish has forgotten what (or at least lost touch with) made them in the first place. It was the local retailers. Without those grassroots entities, they would never have gained a foothold in the current industry. It's really a shame what has become with the retailer situation. Either getting backstabbed by inhouse techs or...worse yet...not even able to offer decent promotions like the direct sales people can.

But what has killed it is many of those same grassrooters were also guilty of overcharging customers for equipment by hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. Many of them also had brought over the same practice of not grounding systems from installing cband systems wich in six years I never came across a single one that was ever grounded at all.

topcat, can you please name for me ANY nation company that provides in-house service for installation and service of a national product using only employees?

To manage a national network requries several levels of management and a steady work flow to keep employees busy. No company can lay people off when it gets slow and hire like mad when things pick up. The best you can do, is maintain a work force that you can keep busy during the average low times and rely on contractors and dealer/installers to pick up the slack when sales increase. There is a fine line somewhere in that mix. At this time both DTV and DISH understand this issue and I think they are reaching that balance point. DISH has began to put more work on to subs and referrals to dealers, while DTV is still trying to use more in-house.

There is no way these companies can operate a national business model where they proivide 100% of sales, installations and service. At times they would have guys sitting around no getting 20 hours and other times they would be backed up for months.
Pay to view television is recession proof, sure there may be a slow down here or there but tv is one thing that the vast majority of people will not go without to the extent that they will spend their last penny and eat ramon noodles for a week so long as they can watch 200 channels on the 56 inch sony sitting in the living room on cinder blocks. If Dish and Directv both wanted to go %100 inhouse then they could do it and they should because in most area's the inhouse are working alot of overtime already and much of that is because the DNSC offices are not farming out as much work as they used to and I would like to see them do that but not until they rework the system and start taking care of their own people and recognizing them for the work that they do and the fact that they are human. I am critical of sub contractors and the work they do because I have seen a great deal of shotty hack work from subs and retailers when I did the job back in Michigan, if you compared TC's for inhouse against that of non inhouse it was always higher on the non inhouse side.

The real problem with in-house techs is they do not have the training or desire to do custom installations. There are people in this world that are willing to pay to get something done the way they want it done. DNSC and the HSP's are good for every day installs, but fall short when it comes to anything custom.

I really have to disagrea with this, during my time with Dish it was the rare job that came along that required some really custom install work and when it did it was usually something that required an electricians license to do, some would get an electrician to do the necesary work and I would come back while others would just reschedule and end up getting it done but not the way they had wanted. It is a very very rare person though that will pay to get what they want and in six years I met only five of them, the majority want everything done for free because thats what cable tells them they should expect and the resellers such as VMC Satellite promise them everything for free to.

Ive never had or heard of a CL&P or SBS sub dealing with there costumers, On the other hand, when these companies have some major upgrades or a major diesters to there network thats another story.
But Im just a a union drunk, so what do I know;)

D-Net has installers Topcats69

Topcats69:shh D-Net has its own internal installers and they have been receiving hourly pay for years. But because there Techs suck so bad they have no other choice but to hire Subs.

What really sucks is the fact that D-Net hires flunky QC's with a chip on there shoulder. Usually they start off as an Installer and after several months of installs they cant cut it so they find the easy way out... (QC)
After that they abuse there job by failing you if they dont like you or whatever helps them look good in the eyes of D-Net. If hard working Techs get f_cked in the process then so be it.

D-Net QC's :hungry: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts