Dishnetwork Camper

infospecs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
I live in Ohio and last year got HD locals. With that I had a dish 1000 and dish 500 pointed at 61.5 installed. Last year I carried my receiver into my camper and setup an extra dish 500 to get sat. while camping. Now when I do the same thing this year I get no video. My question is what feed is coming in via 61.5? When I setup my dish500 i get a god signal on 110 & 119. DO I need to get a dish 1000 for the camper and will I get all of my SD feeds. Not looking at getting HD in the camper. I dont think I can get to 61.5 from where my camper is going to be parked this year.

Spot beams cover a smaller area in HD usually than SD spot beams so HD locals would probably be out. You should get all of your SD programming off 110 & 119.

If you're using a dish 500 only in the camper you need to run "check switch" to set the receiver up for the different dish. When you use it at home you'll need to do the same thing to switch it back. You won't get HD in the camper with just the 500 but you should still get most of your SD programing.

Check switch did the trick.. I get all sd programming even locals. thanks for the help.

Ran into another problem. The camper is wired with a 2nd coax run specifically for SAT. I am taking my VIP722 into the camper and want to utilize both tv1 and tv2. I could only get reception for tv1. Do I need a diplexer? Bought a few but didn’t get a chance to try it. I have 2 different LNBS. One has 2 coax inputs and the other has 4. Do you only need 1 coax input for a dual receiver. I was using the dish sat1 and sat2 splitter on the receiver end.

I am a full-time RVer and use a VIP 622 and drive the bedroom TV off of TV2. I use some switches so I can toggle the bedroom TV between TV2 and the antenna/cable connection.

I normally uses a ground tripod Dish 1000 so we can have HD and an automatic roof mounted Winegard dish. The Winegard added some complication because Winegard uses voltge control for satellite selection so a Dish "splitter" can't be used. And the second coax feed went to the bedroom. So I extended the bedroom feed to the living room so the VIP 622 has two feeds from the Winegard, otherwise the VIP 622 was not happy with only one feed.

I use high quality switches to toggle between the round dish and the roof dish. I documented all the steps and schematics at TV Cabling

I use a Dish500 with DPPlus LNB, and a VIP222 receiver from the house. One cable from the dish to a seperator to TV1 & TV2. Output from receiver to controller TV1 to sat in, TV2 to Aux in. Works for me.

infospecs, I'm not aware of any LNB that has 4 connectors, and they would be outputs rather than inputs. You could be describing a Quad which Dish makes in legacy and DishPro versions - those have 2 LNBs with an integrated 4-output switch. The 3-LNB/switch assemblies for the Dish 1000.2/1000.4 have 3 outputs and 1 input.
I was using the dish sat1 and sat2 splitter on the receiver end.
You're on the right track with the Separator (it's not a splitter), but the other end of the line has to have a DP Plus switch.

See EKB: DishPro Technology

OK. Let me see if I have this right. I am running a single RG6 from the #1 Outport of the dual lnb dish Pro into the camper connection. On the inside of the camper I am connecting a short rg6 patch cable into the dish seperator in and then out with sat1 and sat2 into the receiver. This should get my receiver 1 up and then I can output the receiver 2 into my campers "in-house" coax feeds to my other tvs. after I run a check switch....?? I Think. I bought some diplexers but I don't think I need them.

Thanks for your input. Chris

Not exactly correct. You need to have a Dishpro PLUS twin lnb on the dish not a dual dish pro. If you do have the dishpro plus twin then your post is correct.

You can use the diplexers if you use the RV in a campsite that has cable provided. Put one diplexer outside, combine the cable and statellite into it. Put the second diplexer inside and connect the satellite side to the seperator and the cable side to the over air antenna in on the receiver. With that setup you'll have satellite and the local cable stations.

This worked for me, I have a Dish500 antenna with a DPPlus LNB (This is a must). I used the dual tuner receiver to independently operate the two TVs in the Motorhome. Run one coax from the left side of the LNB to the cable-in on the exterior of the RV. Disconnect the coax at the Antenna/Cable switch in the RV from the cable input side and connect it to the receiver using a Dish Seperator (Similar to a splitter, but provided by Dish, a regular splitter won't work.), and connect to Sat1 and Sat2 on the receiver. Run AV cable from TV1 output on the receiver to the video controller Sat in. Then run AV cable from TV2 output on the receiver to the video controller Aux in. Switch the controller to Aux for TV2 to view sat programing and use RF remote control. Hope this helps.

This worked for me,...on the exterior of the RV. Disconnect the coax at the Antenna/Cable switch in the RV from the cable input side and connect it to the receiver using a Dish Seperator (
This may be working but I would recommend a separate coax input to the RV. The "Cable" connection runs through the Cable/Antenna Amplifier and it is not designed for the frequency level needed by satellite TV.

My undersranding is the amplifier is connected to the antenna only not the cable input.
Yes, the amplifier only works on antenna ssignal (when the red light is on). But the switch between "Cable" in and "Antenna In" to the two (2) Coax out connections in the assembly is not a high frequency rated connection suited to satellite

I disconnected the coax before it entered the switch. Bascally it is the cable running from the "Park cable" connection. By connecting the cable from the dish through the "Park Cable" connection to the receiver you bypass the amplyfier altogether.

Disconnect the coax at the Antenna/Cable switch in the RV from the cable input side and connect it to the receiver .
Sorry, read over that.

I have run into many people trying to use the "Cable" input throught the Amplifier/Switch and couldn't understand why it didn't work.

When we had our trailer built, I had four extra coax feeds added, two for satellite Internet and two for satellite TV.

My camper has 2 seperate coax feeds on the out side of the camper, one is distributed coax throughout the camper and one is a direct SAT feed to the main tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)