Dishnetwork installer is here

As an individual receiving service, anyone is free to give the provider of service a tip if they so choose. Some industries expect tips, ie, the restaurant industry where the employees make so little houry that tips are essential to their very survival. Many other industries, such as satellite installation and maintenance, do not expect tips as their people make a reasonable hourly wage. HOWEVER, if one receives outstanding service that goes beyond the call of duty, or one simply has considerable resources and a kind and reflective heart, tipping is a perfectly acceptable practice. For example, I was once struggling and dirt poor, but now I make a six figure income. I fall into the "resources with kind heart and reflective heart" category so I do tip periodically where tips are not traditionally expected -- it makes me feel good and I know that I probably really made someone's day who might be struggling a little in their life.

I did tell the installer I was going to call his supervisor and tell him everything was made right...hopefully he can can expect a raise down the road. Now I regret not giving him a tip. In the future, what would you suggest that you tip a installer?

Anything less than 100 is a slap in the face.

What? Me? No, I'm not an installer! ;) :D

Seriously: I've had a cool 20 here and there. A fiver is a little less common. Incidentally, I've never gotten a 10. Initially I always give a weak, "that's not necessary, sir/mam", but just for social etiquett's sake. You better believe I want that money. :yes

I get tips ranging from $20 to $100 (eight receiver job.) If the job is an easy pre-wire, I don't expect a tip. If I spent half the day running cable through a tight crawl space or had to redo a bad job from a previous tech, I appreciate a little something for the effort.
Your tech will probably get a pat on the back from his super, but a raise? I don't think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts