Dishnetwork installer is here

sjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
he came in while i had twc cable on and his first comment was "gawd, that looks awful, is that coming off an antenna?" I said, nope thats coming in from twc. Thats how grainy and bad the picture looks on my lcd and my plasma tv. Hopefully once he is done i'll be back to looking at a sharp picture.

much much much better! Im getting the same type of picture quality i had when i had voom programming.

sjones said:
much much much better! Im getting the same type of picture quality i had when i had voom programming.

TO: sjones

You say that it looks the same. On my LCD HDTV, the SD channels on Dish look better than they did on Voom, particularly History and CNN.

JH1949 said:
TO: sjones

You say that it looks the same. On my LCD HDTV, the SD channels on Dish look better than they did on Voom, particularly History and CNN.

SD channels on dishnetwork look about the same as the SD channels did on voom for me. I am viewing this on a sony 60" hdtv lcd and a 42" plasma.

It's always nice to tip. You tip the pizza guy to drive to your door and hand you a pizza don't you? What's wrong with tipping an installer that does a quality install on your $200,000 house.

wobbie said:
It's always nice to tip. You tip the pizza guy to drive to your door and hand you a pizza don't you? What's wrong with tipping an installer that does a quality install on your $200,000 house.

Thats the problem... I never get a "quality" install ;)

wobbie said:

Do you tip the mechanic that works on your car? Do you tip the UPS deliver man? How much do you tip....20% of the cost of the install or 20% of what Dish charges you?

Some things you tip thats a given and some things you don't. Tell you the truth, I haven't had a great experience with a satelite install yet. The installers that have come out mainly talk on their cell phones the whole time and I end up correcting some of their mistakes. They rarely talk to me or give me the time of the day other than when I offer them something to drink.

Tips are welcome, but not expected - unless I do something special.

My biggest tip came from PC work, not dish install - a VERY serious infection. Cost her $240 to fix (which is twice the usual maximum). She gave me a $40 tip on top of that, just because I didn't take the easy way out and instead preserved everything she had. ;)

Okay, sorry about the tip thing. I was just getting to the point that if I get a quality service guy, no matter what it is, plumber, electrician, whatever and they are professional and show that they care about MY possessions, then I am more than happy to tip them. If they are slobs and rude, I just kindly ask them to leave.

I think you are right ....but I did not know if it is socially accepted to tip a installer. I did not want to create a uneasy situation where the person would refuse it and think I was doing something wrong.

I think it's always socially acceptableto give someone money... not many people would turn it down.

I'll tell you one thing, if someone who tipped me calls me back with a question, I always returned their calls.

sjones said:
he came in while i had twc cable on and his first comment was "gawd, that looks awful, is that coming off an antenna?" I said, nope thats coming in from twc. Thats how grainy and bad the picture looks on my lcd and my plasma tv. Hopefully once he is done i'll be back to looking at a sharp picture.

OTA in my DMA is better than cable or even satellite. Why does everyone knock OTA? If done right, it is absolutely beautiful. And, it's a non-recurring expense. I've had the antenna on my roof for five years. I've paid for it twice, considering how much cable or satellite would have charged every month for locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)