DishNetwork Prepaid System.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
Complete DISH System, 1 Month Free

Price : $149.99
Complete System Includes: DISH 500 With DP Twin LNBF, Receiver, Remote, Self Install Kit and 1 Month Prepaid Programming Card. Great for Part Time Residents, RVers or just a test drive with NO Commitment. No exceptions, anyone can get a prepaid DISH Network Satellite System by providing a U.S. Zip Code!

I found this exact deal at a local radio shack for 65$. Is it worth buying? Could I resell it? Is the receiver worth anything? I thought it was a pretty good deal.

I think, from what I have read, is that the receivers will only be used for prepaid. Much like a Tracfone is only prepaid. So it may be a good deal, yet you have a receiver that is only good for a few selections of programming.

I believe you can only get AT60 and the adult channels with the prepaid cards. I thought I saw where you might be able to get AT120 with it too. I did not hear anything about AT180 yet. You cannot get any local or network stations with the prepaid box. They should offer one with the Family Pack as well in my opinion. Give everyone each option with them even with movie packages.

The programming that is available as of now for DishNow/DishYa is:
AT60
Dish Latino
Some Adult programming
Also:
For Portuguese language: TV Globo International and Record International
For Arabic language: Al Jazeera, ART America, ART Movies, ESC-1, LBC, MBC, ART Music Radio, Radio Al Zikr
For Hindi-Language South Asian: Sony Entertainment Telivision Asia, Zee-TV
Urdu Language Pakistani: GEO TV, ARY Digital
The receiver is configured to only be used for prepaid, and it is only a specific model (either a 301 or 311, can't remember which) They are planning on releasing a DVR and a Dual receiver sometime down the road as well as other programming tiers other than AT60.

Why can't DISH just put out "cash value" cards like many prepaid mobile phone services do? Then allow customers to either call in or log on, and use the value of the card toward anything they want, with the understanding that they'll have to add another prepaid card or have the chosen services cut off at the end of the appropriate term.

jegrant said:
Why can't DISH just put out "cash value" cards like many prepaid mobile phone services do? Then allow customers to either call in or log on, and use the value of the card toward anything they want, with the understanding that they'll have to add another prepaid card or have the chosen services cut off at the end of the appropriate term.

Well the main limitation is local, they cannot sell you locals anonymously.

If you want to pay cash for your dish account there are places you can go deposit money into your dish account (i.e. prepay), there is usually a $1 fee for this service charged by the bill collector (like places you can go pay your electric/phone/etc). http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/billing/payincash/index.asp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts