DishNetwork Questionable Programming Strategy

strrlvr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Dallas, TX
What is the reasoning behind E* releasing new highly-requested channels like NFLTV and CSTV basically in the dark? Why not promote that these are channels and market it as such? Why not use all their corporate wherewithal to use these opportunities to bring new subscribers over? I'm just frustrated that I've wanted NFLTV for months, and then accidently find it by perusing through the forums tonight. Why not give all current subscribers a head's up about new programming?

Seems like a bad strategy...

Even the obscure Charlie Chat is a weird way to release programming. Am I wrong?

Don't need or desire a response, consider it blowing off steam.

Ive seen companies open a store before its "grand opening" anouncement, when I had comcast for regular television they would change channels and drop channels without any notification, same thing for wow cable, media one when it was around and for columbia cable vision way back in the day.

They probably don't want to tell you about the new channels until the price hike next March. Then they will say "Look at all of the new channels we added this year, that is why we had to go up on the price by $3.00. " :rolleyes:

MikeD-C05 said:
They probably don't want to tell you about the new channels until the price hike next March. Then they will say "Look at all of the new channels we added this year, that is why we had to go up on the price by $3.00. " :rolleyes:

Oh sorry but price hike comes on every february 1, :yes but price hikes are inevitable.

Sorry , I must have been thinking of Directv and their price increases that come in March. They both rape you every Spring these last few years. :eek:

Rape is something you are forced into.
so how in the hell is DIRECTV or dish forcing you to pay the new rates.

In order to promote channels, E* has to know ahead of their launch that they're going to add them. All it takes is a little communication. Marketing department can't make a commercial when programming doesn't tell them they're FINALLY going to unlock the channel that's been uplinked forever..

Would anyone be surprised if charlie made no mention of new channels on monday?

Any more questions?