Problem programming 54.0 remote

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I am trying to program my 54.0 remote from my Joey 3 in the bedroom to control the volume on the new Roku Streambar Pro that I purchased. There is no option for Roku as a device manufacturer so I am using teaching mode. The remote seems to accept the command from the Roku remote (light flashes) but when exiting/saving I get "Unknown Error" and it does not save. I have tried adding the commands and clean slate method and both have the same result. Is there a trick to this? I would really like to just use the dish remote for the volume as I am using the Streambar Pro for the sound on all devices connected to the tv. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reactions: LQQK
I am trying to program my 54.0 remote from my Joey 3 in the bedroom to control the volume on the new Roku Streambar Pro that I purchased. There is no option for Roku as a device manufacturer so I am using teaching mode. The remote seems to accept the command from the Roku remote (light flashes) but when exiting/saving I get "Unknown Error" and it does not save. I have tried adding the commands and clean slate method and both have the same result. Is there a trick to this? I would really like to just use the dish remote for the volume as I am using the Streambar Pro for the sound on all devices connected to the tv. Thanks for any suggestions.
Teaching mode, as you're seeing, is a joke. Is there a way you can connect the bar to an ARC input on your TV?? If so, the remote will work the volume on the bar