Dishnetwork to Carry NFL Network Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No this is the new 8 game package to be carried on NFL Network. Quite a surprise that the channel was picked up this early. :)

Now if the NFL would only let everyone carry the pack like the NBA, Center Ice, and MLB. It would be better for everyone (especially for D* who pay out the nose)

teachsac said:
Now if the NFL would only let everyone carry the pack like the NBA, Center Ice, and MLB. It would be better for everyone (especially for D* who pay out the nose)

The NFL and D* have an agreement in which both parties feel that they benefit the most from. It would definitely be better for all us E* subscribers as we could see the games and possibly to the D* subs too if the NFL didn't choose to have an exclusive agreement with D*. As D* subs might see lower subscription fees. But, it wouldn't necessarily be better for D*'s bottom line as I'm sure that they get many subs just because they carry the NFL Sinday Ticket,

I completely agree. NFL should let E* and the cable companies to get the Sunday Ticket so they can make more money.

Does anyone know how the Sunday Ticket contract actually works? I think I read somewhere that D* has first right of refusal when the Sunday Ticket contract comes up every few years for renewal. If so, the NFL really screwed themselves over by giving up that kind of control.

If anyone knows any different, I would certainly appreciate being corrected. :)

Well I think its funny that we get the NFL Network but their are hardley any games on the channel. I did enjoy getting to see the combine coverage.

in hd?

I would hope they are going to be on the nflhd channels, as you know right now the only thing on that channel is a game of the week. I am surpised that nfl net agreed to this, it seems it would cut into subscriptions to nfl sunday ticket.

jdalton15 said:
I would hope they are going to be on the nflhd channels, as you know right now the only thing on that channel is a game of the week. I am surpised that nfl net agreed to this, it seems it would cut into subscriptions to nfl sunday ticket.
Yeah but these are the games/days that Sunday ticket does not show...

during one of out ATM's ( all team meetings) it was announced that we had passed on picking up the NFL package because of cost 5 billion for 3 or 4 years. and this was from charlie him self saying that it wouldn't be in the companies best interest to acquire it at that time,plus isn't it something owned but directv or at least the rights with the league so they get a percentage of all revenue?

Cali_installer is talking about the NFL Sunday Ticket package Directv has, which is every game. The Original Poster is just talking about the 8 regular season NFL games that will be on The NFL Network this coming season. Thats NEW for this season.

If you want an alternative to Directv, Bell Expressvu in Canada has NFL Sunday Ticket also :)

I love the NFL network. They have a 30 minute show for most games played during the week...you get a great overview of each game...for those who don't like the 30 second ESPN highlight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)