Dishnetwork to Carry NFL Network Games

drummerguy said:
Does anyone know how the Sunday Ticket contract actually works? I think I read somewhere that D* has first right of refusal when the Sunday Ticket contract comes up every few years for renewal. If so, the NFL really screwed themselves over by giving up that kind of control.

If anyone knows any different, I would certainly appreciate being corrected. :)

This is the way it was bid, in order to drive the prices up. D* nearly doubled their previous bid for the new contract, a contract which begins this year and I believe runs for 4 years.

Thus the earliest possible opportunity for E* to carry Sunday Ticket would be for the 2010 season.

Thus the rule of thumb that "if one desires ST then sub to D*" continues.

Tom Bombadil said:
This is the way it was bid, in order to drive the prices up. D* nearly doubled their previous bid for the new contract, a contract which begins this year and I believe runs for 4 years.

Thus the earliest possible opportunity for E* to carry Sunday Ticket would be for the 2010 season.

Thus the rule of thumb that "if one desires ST then sub to D*" continues.

And for the kind of asinine kind of money that Direct paid for Sunday Ticket, they can keep it!

Anyone know what it would cost, to have a 30" dish installed? I have lost BEV, here in So. Calif. It should cost less than a switch to Star Choice? Would the bigger dish solve the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts