DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/11/2008 6:37am - No new HD

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/12/2008 - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/09/2008 01:31P - 04/11/2008 06:35A

Channel Package Flag Changes:
486 - ASHOW [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar8 110W TP 10 ConUS beam changed to Available

Channel Type Changes:
5907 - DRM11 EchoStar8 110W TP 13 ConUS beam changed from MPEG4 HD to MPEG2 HD (NA)

Channels in the system: 3617
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

Damn, I saw 2 changes and hoped it was SCIFI and USA, well actually I only carried about SCIFI...
oh well, another BSG tonight in SD. :(

5907 - DRM11 EchoStar8 110W TP 13 ConUS beam changed from MPEG4 HD to MPEG2 HD (NA)

IS THAT ONE OF THE NEW HIDDEN HD CHANNELS?

Digi, I am still confused on something. Even if they add this about 24 new HD channels by sometime in May, which Scott keeps saying will happen, I assume they will all be on 61.5. I don't get 61.5, but I keep hearing they will be mirrowed on 129. Where is all this extra space on 129. For months before the launce of AMC 14 (or should I say the failed launch of AMC 14) most people here said Dish had no or at best very little extra bandwith capacity, so if that was true how are all these new HD channels being added to 129? Inquiring want to know

IS THAT ONE OF THE NEW HIDDEN HD CHANNELS?

I think the channels that you are talking about are the "TEMP" channels, not this one.

Digi, I am still confused on something. Even if they add this about 24 new HD channels by sometime in May, which Scott keeps saying will happen, I assume they will all be on 61.5. I don't get 61.5, but I keep hearing they will be mirrowed on 129. Where is all this extra space on 129. For months before the launce of AMC 14 (or should I say the failed launch of AMC 14) most people here said Dish had no or at best very little extra bandwith capacity, so if that was true how are all these new HD channels being added to 129? Inquiring want to know

The problem at 129W isn't so much bandwidth as it is power. There are two empty transponders there now (1 and 3), as well as transponder 11, which currently has HD test channels on it. In theory, you could add 18 HD channels today in MPEG-4, but the question is whether you could give them enough power to be seen.

I don't think 61.5W has as much room for CONUS HD right now as 129W, so the actual number of new HD channels that (in theory) be added there is another question. I believe USA and SciFi are uplinked on 110W, so they don't really enter into the equation.

Chime in if any of this is wrong.

Brad

Yes I know SciFi and USA are on 110. Does anyone know if they have any extra bandwith on 110 or 119 to put new HD for niw so that everyone could see them until they work through some of the problems with 129, or get people a wing dish for 61.5, then they could then move the new HD to 61.5?

The problem at 129W isn't so much bandwidth as it is power. There are two empty transponders there now (1 and 3), as well as transponder 11, which currently has HD test channels on it. In theory, you could add 18 HD channels today in MPEG-4, but the question is whether you could give them enough power to be seen.

I don't think 61.5W has as much room for CONUS HD right now as 129W, so the actual number of new HD channels that (in theory) be added there is another question. I believe USA and SciFi are uplinked on 110W, so they don't really enter into the equation.

Chime in if any of this is wrong.

Brad

TP 13 is also active and empty on 129. With spare factors, uplink facility logistics, etc, they could light up 21 more HD's today on 129.

That is nice to hear about 129 Digi, and with the 2 already on 110 (scifi & USA) that means they could light up 23 national HD channels any day now. So maybe they will do that soon, opps I said the bad "S" word

The next satellite launch for Dish (June ??) will go to 110 and will replace an existing satellite with one that has more power and thus more bandwidth. This will allow Dish to add a few more National HD channels at 110.

Perhaps some of the more technically inclined members have already calculated how many more channels will be able to be added...

Its so frustrating!!!! I know making deals with channels takes time and setting up the channels (testing) takes time too, but COME ON E*!!!!!!! Why so much delay? So weird.

61.5 doesn't work for many of us West coasters...too much hilly/mountainy terrain and tall trees to get LOS to it. Otherwise, I'd get a wing dish for it in a second rather than than that 26" thing out there dedicated to 129 (and I still get drop-outs).

But isn't 148 the same as 61.5? Why can't they use 148?

I don't believe that we will see any new National HD until after Charlie's little show in Nashville. He has to have something to wow the crowd about since AMC-14 is taking the plunge.