DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/9/2008 1:00pm - 178 changes

Dish doesn't owe anybody anything other then what they got when they signed up. That's business. They don't HAVE to give us anything./quote]

They owe the customer everything! We pay a good amount of money a month for them to give us the best service and the best selection. Especially loyal customers who've been with the company for years, that amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in the company. There are too many choices for a company to think like that. Why do you think they are going to be taking a hit now that Direct is getting more aggressive with the HD. Charlie needs Damage Control. Keep your customers more informed. NO Customers = NO Profit!!!!!:hungry:

Not when you're dealing with people who do surveys and statistics as their profession.

There alwasy two groups here. There is the group that believes Dish is going to crash and burn into a fiery abyss, and the other group that always looks at things through rosey glasses and never sees a problem with the way things run over there.

Truth is in the middle.

My guess is, E* is onlywilling/able to do one type of project at a time. Next week I think we'll see SciFI and USA along with some other national HD channels. If my theory hold true, we'll see not HD LILs this day.

If your theory holds true, wouldn't they light up all the announced local markets BEFORE they move on to the National HD? Secondarily, it seems they do some things on Eastern Arc every week.

If that is the case, I would expect no National HD until Mid May, right? Until Eastern Arc and the LILs are launched?

Anyway, there are only three more Wednesdays of disappointment before Dish makes my decision easy to move to Directv.

Ok.. I know I saw Mobile/Pensacola on Johns List.. Those were not on any list anywhere that I have seen... Still unavailable.. Are they teasing me?

Darn.. ALL SD though

Sorry, but that article actually supports what Jason said: Of those surveyed who have an HDTV, 56% subscribe to an HD service. That's a majority. But who knows what the other 44% are doing with their HDTVs. :)

Did you read the article? Out of 1,002 people, only 41% owned an HDTV (411 people). Out of those people, only 56% were hooked up to an HD source (230 people). So out of 1,002 people, only 230 are actually watching HD programming. How does that support his argument again?

I think this is part of eastern arc and we cant see those. Just like last week.
6300(7) - WABC [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 6 beam (Available)(New York, NY)
6301(2) - WCBS [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 6 beam (Available)(New York, NY)
6302(4) - WNBC [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 6 beam (Available)(New York, NY)
6303(5) - WNYW [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 6 beam (Available)(New York, NY)

It says available.

Sorry, but that article actually supports what Jason said: Of those surveyed who have an HDTV, 56% subscribe to an HD service. That's a majority. But who knows what the other 44% are doing with their HDTVs. :)

Wonder how many of those 44% own monitors as opposed to HD-ready sets? I know quite a few people who own small monitors and HD-ready sets for the simple fact that they can mount them on the wall and save space. They never had any intention to hook it up to HD service.

I'd like to say congrats to all the new HD LiLs, especially Cleveland. I tend not to complain about HD because I mean, Denver was one of the first to get HD LiL (wonder why :)) As far as national HD goes, Webster's may have to rewrite the definitions of patience and soon, soon. We've come this far... hopefully we'll be rewarded soon.

If your theory holds true, wouldn't they light up all the announced local markets BEFORE they move on to the National HD? Secondarily, it seems they do some things on Eastern Arc every week.

If that is the case, I would expect no National HD until Mid May, right? Until Eastern Arc and the LILs are launched?

Anyway, there are only three more Wednesdays of disappointment before Dish makes my decision easy to move to Directv.

My theory is they wanted to launch a set number of LILs first. It is also that they wont do both LILs and Nationals on the same uplink day.

Based on what we've been told it seems very liekly we'll see scifi and usa next week. I'm hoping with the delay we may see something else as well.

But in the end, I'm just a fool and I know nothing. Just my own thinking. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts