DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 6/4/2008 12:42pm - 53 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ok, 4xxx channels aren't appearing, but 140 for ESPN still works fine so I could care less. It is the same feed right?

I need a robot that will post the following in every thread:

Dish adds locals in smaller markets before some in larger markets, because they add channels only after an agreement is reached. So, some large market locals are not yet added because they want an unreasonable amount of money for carriage.
Dish has had an aggreement with the Memphis stations for quite some time.They have been promised for quite some time. They have been up-linked for quite some time. They are not available. So will you please quit that propaganda line, It's getting tiresome.

Dish has had an aggreement with the Memphis stations for quite some time.They have been promised for quite some time. They have been up-linked for quite some time. They are not available. So will you please quit that propaganda line, It's getting tiresome.

The local stations here have told me they had agreements with Dish back in February for HD (Dish carries the SD versions now by downconverting the HD feeds). Dish added them to the satellite maps a while ago and they show in the uplink report as uplinked. But, even back in February my station contact said it would be June before Dish was ready to provide HD LiL.

Just because it appears in the uplink report by being in the satellite map does not mean there is video at all, or even just a slate. Dish still has to get a ton of hardware in place to actually have the market working. The PoP is obviously here since they already switched the SD LiL to the center of the HD frames. But, of course the fiber for the SD feeds runs off to an uplink for 129 out west not down to New Brunfels (?) where the 61.5 uplink is. They have to get that fiber working, and all the encoders and such at the uplink before they can turn them on.

There is a big difference between a spot/channel numbers being reserved in the uplink and actually having video delivered to the satellite.

Yep. The few locals I could see from my area on 61.5 were mapped in way before the TP itself was fired up...the actual video streams came last.

I was personally supprised not to see anything activated today, since there is a Charlie Chat on Monday. Now what is he going to report? They added 22 channels a month ago, and then say but we did drop 15. sounds like 2 steps forward, one step back progress to me.

I was personally supprised not to see anything activated today, since there is a Charlie Chat on Monday. Now what is he going to report? They added 22 channels a month ago, and then say but we did drop 15. sounds like 2 steps forward, one step back progress to me.

When they activated the last 17 and announced the 22 on the Tech Forum, it was the Monday of the Tech Forum. (3 were already launched, 2 RSNs were coming Wed.) I still have hope, as they still have Monday. However, I'd have more confidence if more than 5% were showing bandwidth.