DishNow cards gone ! Green Dot Money pak stays!

mikil321

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 7, 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Hey folks! Just thought Id pass along a little tidbit of information from what my Dishnetwork dealer emailed me.
The Dishnetwork Prepaid System have decided to get rid of the DishNow, DishYah cards that you could buy at Radio Shack. The ones they sell for $40 and $30 bucks.This could be the reason I see folks complaining on here that they cannot find any anywhere. However ! the Green Dot Money Pak is going to be the ONLY way to purchase pre paid programming.You can still get these cards at Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, WalMart etc...
Just thought Id let everyone know Thanks Mikil

PS Oh yah I forgot to add. Anyone whom has a prepaid receiver or on order better get it activated by the cutoff date of August 1st/2009 I guess this is the date Dish are giving to get things activated!

Thanks for the info and the update. Hopefully your source is correct and we can still continue to use the GDMC. That's all I have used anyhow and the only way it makes sense for those only activating on certain days.

Yes check out the last Dish Network retailer recap, prepaid is going away.

Scott,

When you say "going away" do you mean:

1. That the ENTIRE prepaid system is going away?

2. That anyone that wants to become a prepaid customer bettter do so quickly, and have their prepaid DP301's activated by 7/31/09 because after that day, that is it? No NEW prepaid customers after that point, and the rest of us are "grandfathered in" already?

3. Or you just don't know either way?

Please keep us informed(the prepaid thread would be better suited for the info then this thread) what you find out.:)

i talked to a dealer and he says dishnow cards are here to stay. they will keep them going, grandfather equipment will continue running

The way it was explained to me was that pre-paid goes away on August 1st, and when the cards expire thats it.

The reason why the dealers are not keeping the pre-paid cards in stock is because they don't want to be stuck with them come August 1st.

More than likely they will transition these customers over to flex TV, but its going to be an issue with alot of these customers because there are alot of them that don't have a valid address or had Dish before and owe a past due ballance on an old account

the way I see it, dish does not give a damn about prepaid clients, like who cares if we lose our money...I see no point in them sending everyone a brand new purple card that most likely cost them money, and then cancel this accounts afterwards...I hope they grandfather us, and not force us to buy a new flex receiver, or at least send a software update to transform us to flex, i really dont mind paying monthly which is the same thing that we being doin with prepaid, as long as they dont make us buy a new box...

Darn! I had / have a prepaid account. I was using my St. Paul address because I had to have them send a new smart card. I just canceled that so that they would give me the 9.99 local channels only hardware for St. Paul.

When I got here to Wisc., I tried to get a NEW prepaid account - after Aug. 1 - and they give me the royal run around.

They gave me a local retailer to call - but I can't get them to call me back.

What's with this? I have a legacy receiver now and I can't get it activated!?

HELP!! Does Dish ever read these things?

CS

Green Dot

Darn! I had / have a prepaid account. I was using my St. Paul address because I had to have them send a new smart card. I just canceled that so that they would give me the 9.99 local channels only hardware for St. Paul.

When I got here to Wisc., I tried to get a NEW prepaid account - after Aug. 1 - and they give me the royal run around.

They gave me a local retailer to call - but I can't get them to call me back.

What's with this? I have a legacy receiver now and I can't get it activated!?

HELP!! Does Dish ever read these things?

CS

There is still a link to the green dot program that gives locations use zip code. Maybe it will help you. https://www.moneypak.com/Default.aspx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)