DishNow Taxes?

They don't seem to have any flexibilty to tax with the DishNow product, you buy the card and get the service, How would they collect tax?

Yes, the person selling you the cards should be charging you the sales tax on those cards. I wonder if some get out of paying the extra taxes in certain states this way such as Ohio by purchasing these cards.

The cards are 'greendot' cards the same type used to reload prepaid credit cards. I don't think tax is charged on them. I could be wrong. The Dish website states you pay "exactly $30 or $40 dollars".

I called just to find out more about the DishNow thing after about 45 minutes and 4 phone numbers (the one they specifically point you to on the prepaid page isn't correct) later I finally found someone who sold me a 'free for all' deal. They aren't trying to push that other thing at all.

You pay exactly the $30 or $40 on the card (I do not htink they make $30 cards anymore, only $20 ones but I am not sure) but the sales tax is charged just like any other item is. Just like if you see a suggested retail price on an item, you pay that price plus the sales tax.

So, if some Dish distributor could get these at "cost" and ship them out-of-state, no tax, right? ;)