DishOnline and Remote Access Problems

nmoline

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Indianapolis
When using Dish Online or Dish Remote Access I can't use the guide to watch programs. If I click on a show on the Guide the only option I am given is to Record this Episode. Also, when I try to watch on my Android phone it tells me my receiver is not connected.

However, when using DishOnline I can watch tv if I use the Live TV option and then use the virtual remote to change channels. Therefore, I know my receiver is connected to the internet; but for some reason the guide functions on DishOnline do not work.

I can temporarily fix the problem by doing a hard reset (unplugging the receiver), but within a day it is back to the way it was before.

My setup includes a VIP 722 with Sling Box into the rear USB port and a WiFi USB Adapter into the front USB port for my broadband.

When I chat with Dish Tech Support they offer no solutions and most recently told me to make sure to turn my receiver off when not using it so the software could update. This has solved nothing.

Does anyone have a solution?

I am having similar problems lately. I tried watching live TV last night with dishonline and it would not change to the channel I wanted to watch and no menu options at the bottom of the screen. My other problem is that I cannot connect to my receiver using dishonline now. It keeps saying the receiver is offline. In the receiver menu settings it shows that it is connected online. Tech support could not figure it out after trying multiple solutions. Just said probably a software issue and to wait for an update.

I'm connected now but I can't use the guide to change channels.

I've tried several times to change channels but it sticks with the first show I selected. It is interesting to note that the caption below the picture starts out with the program I've selected but it eventually reverts the program name to the old channel so it knows it hasn't changed the channel.

I can't imagine that this ever worked in testing.

I'm connected now but I can't use the guide to change channels.

I've tried several times to change channels but it sticks with the first show I selected. It is interesting to note that the caption below the picture starts out with the program I've selected but it eventually reverts the program name to the old channel so it knows it hasn't changed the channel.

I can't imagine that this ever worked in testing.

It's definitely something they need to figure out.

I loved the old Remote Access when it worked smoothly; now that they made the switch to DishOnline nothing seems to go as smoothly.

I checked last night and I can finally see my 722k connected to the internet. I was able to watch some shows online for the first time since we got the last software update. I still like Dish Remote Access better ,but at least I can sling again.

Dishonline still can't see my 722k. DRA always could. I don't sling but I liked being able to schedule recordings on my dvr from my phone or work computer if I realized I was gonna miss something while I was away from home. This hasn't been an option for me since they switch to dishonline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)