DishONLINE and SatelliteGuys In The News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Provided to us courtesy of CableFax http://www.cablefax.com
Reposted with permission

DISH VOD: File this away in your juicy, stealth projects’ file. It appears EchoStar has caught the VOD bug.

The sleuths over at SatelliteGuys.us stumbled upon a now inactive Web link for a service called DishONLINE that would let subs download movies, shows, etc through a broadband connection for on demand viewing on their DVR box (similar to the EchoStar-AT&T Homezone service).

EchoStar did not return requests for comment by deadline. A member of the satellite junkie Website discovered the DishONLINE link on a tech support page, and founder Scott Greczkowski dug a little further, reporting that sources say the service is slated to go live Feb 15 and will feature SD and HD movies, music, adult programming and “entertainment news.” (Hmmm…. sounds like we’ll see a preview at CES).

DISH will stream some programs in real time, but other services, such as CinemaNow, will be downloaded to a box’s hard drive using the Ethernet connection, SatelliteGuys reports. Subs reportedly will also be able to purchase a movie to own, but will only be able to view it on their DVR box.

We tried visiting www.dishnetwork.com/dishonline/ and were directed to a page with an IPTV header and the words “IPTV content goes here.”

While satellite has downplayed cable’s VOD service for years, it was interesting to see the excitement the news sparked on SatelliteGuys’ message boards, with postings on how some hoped for free content “like Comcast” and others mentioning that they’ve considered switching to cable just for VOD.

Of course, should this service come to fruition, think about who will provide the broadband connection...

Well, I know that I need my "Fix" several times a day. :D

DBS Crack, thats what this site is you know.

I think Scott puts something on the site that keeps us addicted, much like cigarettes and alcohol. :D

This site is Not Junkie !!!!!

EchoStar did not return requests for comment by deadline. A member of the satellite junkie Website discovered the DishONLINE link on a tech support page, and founder Scott Greczkowski dug a little further, reporting that sources say the service is slated to go live Feb 15 and will feature SD and HD movies, music, adult programming and “entertainment news.” (Hmmm…. sounds like we’ll see a preview at CES).

Scott,

I do not care what they think....this site is not junkie !!!!

C'mon scott...... (rubs arms nervously)

Just one more rumor to hold me over til' CES.

C'MON! With the distant networks ruling over, I'm jonesing for just ONE MORE FIX!

Actually, I'll be fine once Christmas gets here. A bunch of DVD box sets heading my way.....

Here's another mention of you guys.... http://www.pvrwire.com/2006/12/19/dish-to-start-an-iptv-service-with-movie-downloads/

I've got Dish Network in a Google News Alert and this page got pushed to me....

Well Bob the rumor is that there will be a $3.00 price increase on all the programming packs except top 60 - renamed 100 and the family pack. Also all hd packs will be $20.00 more than the sd packs. I don't know about AEP or Plat pack. How about that great news?:rolleyes:

Nah, that's like death and taxes. Prices always go up in February, but they usually distract us with new toys, channels, or technologies to take the sting out of it.... Still less than my neighbors pay in cable fees increases...

Don't forget... we got goodies like the NFL Network and a few others that cost money... I loved hearing the Cowboy fans who have cable whining about not being able to see the game last week,,,,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)