DishOnline - Firefox 4.0.1 - Widevine Media plugin updated

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Finally it seems DishOnline is offering an updated Widevine Media Technologies plugin to use with HBO, Starz, Cinemax, and a few others that had additional content restrictions on the DishOnline.com website.

I went there yesterday.. plugin was still incompatible.. went there 5 mins ago.. and tried again, and sure enough finally after 2 and a half months, they have an update that works with Firefox 4.0.1 !! :)

of course we'll probably never know the real resolution and cause (did it get app compat update from ff4's side or did they actually get an update for the plugin for users)

I tried the new version and it doesn't work for me. Both Firefox 4.0.1 and Safari 5.0.5 fail.

I sent feedback about the issue but that was before the new version. I suspect I won't get an answer now.

I tried telling Safari to tell the web site it was IE8 and various other browsers. Nothing worked, but it did change the behavior. That leads me to think there's a problem with the code that's checking for browser versions.

Anybody here get Firefox 5.0 to work with it? Firefox automatically updated me (and now I wish I hadn't) and now Widevine doesn't work with it.

Anybody here get Firefox 5.0 to work with it? Firefox automatically updated me (and now I wish I hadn't) and now Widevine doesn't work with it.
It took them 2 months to update the widevine plugin ... even though that plugin was available or made ready at widevine shortly after FF4.0.1 was out.. so DishOnline was the problem ...

2 months from now.. will DishOnline be ready for FF5? I have little faith in dish any more for anything other than signals from the sky.

and even in that they are starting to fail ... as many more people are starting to see Guide data that is wholey wrong. (new / event dates wrong so "new episodes" recording timers are triggered for content that is months old)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)