DishOnline pissing me off.

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
I missed the first two episodes of Heroes this season, so I ordered them from DishOnline. They say 47 minutes, but they cut off a good amount at the end of the show. I know the time counter isn't right, because I was on the treadmill for the entire length of the show. My treadmill timer showed around 36 minutes, and the show cut off, claiming that it had gone 47 minutes. I have no idea how much I missed, but I paid for those episodes. Even though it was just $1, I should still have gotten what I paid for. Anyone else having these issues with DishOnline content?

That would be new smart card issue - you need one for avoid the problem.

Right. So that causes the purchased program to misreport the time and end prematurely. Not only does that make no logical sense, but I'm willing to bet you have no technical evidence to back it up. If you do, I'll stand corrected. It's all or nothing with smart cards. Your programming is either authorized or it isn't. Besides, I have no problem with movies I've rented from DishOnline. Just the things from TV Entertainment. Of course, I could have also missed the sarcasm, and you're merely being glib.

Yes, either sarcasm, or it's some esoteric technical thing we all are failing to grasp yet.

The stuff I have watched from dishonline has been pretty bad so far. The HD "opening ceremony" was ok except for the fact that it ended before the torch was lit. The other problem I have is I will decide to download something, then it expires before I remember to watch it.

Yes, either sarcasm, or it's some esoteric technical thing we all are failing to grasp yet.

The stuff I have watched from dishonline has been pretty bad so far. The HD "opening ceremony" was ok except for the fact that it ended before the torch was lit. The other problem I have is I will decide to download something, then it expires before I remember to watch it.

Same problem here. I downloaded a couple of Ice Road Truckers in HD..one of them I watched..the second one never seemed to download..and then of course this is located in a different lcoation than my DVR so I forgot about them.

They need to merge these into your DVR area so you don't forget about them. I don't think dishonline is very mature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)