DishONLINE Questions

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I'm thinking about buying a powerline ethernet adapter so I can hook my 722 up to DishOnline. Before I spend the $$$, I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer.

How much of the content is free? What kind of content is there? I'm not interesting in renting PPVs, but I'm hoping there will be network shows and movies from the premiums to which I subscribe. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Online is OK, depends on what you are looking for. Under the TV Entertainment there are about 800 items, most are free, TV shows, self help, etc, quantity not quality. The other 2K is mostly pay stuff, free is subscribed is rolling out slowly, check back in 09 they say.

Popular network shows are conspicuously absent. Lots of stuff from Food Network and the like. Some is quite good, but it doesn't cycle all that often.

The only real way to tell is to get a long Ethernet cable and try it out for yourself.

Popular network shows are conspicuously absent. Lots of stuff from Food Network and the like. Some is quite good, but it doesn't cycle all that often.

The only real way to tell is to get a long Ethernet cable and try it out for yourself.

I think I might to that....good idea.

There certainly is a lot of random crap in the free section, but a surprising number are actually interesting. You're in-luck if Food Network and Discovery Channel shows are your style, or you need health/financial/parenting help.

I wish more of it was HD though.

I ran a wire out to my living room and hooked up an ethernet switch in my AV cabinet for my DVR, Wii, Blu-Ray player, and anything else that might want it. Made life easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)