Dishplayer 7200 died, what to do next?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishSatUser

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I've got a Dishplayer 7200 that has died, and no it's not the hard drive but the power supply that failed. Don't know if it took out more of the system then that, but it's all immaterial anyways.

So, now I'm using my lowely 301 to watch TV, works great but without the PVR features that I had really learned to love. :hungry:

I'm missing shows all over the place.

So what should I do? What promotions that may not be advertised should I try to take advantage of? Since I own my equipment and I'm not a DHA or FFA user, am I limited to just outright purchases?

If I can only purchase, what do you recommend? I try to use the equipment for the longest periods of time possible, so HDTV is a possibility. I do only have a TV that has 16:9 Enhanced Mode, but is still only an SDTV, but has Component and S-VIDEO inputs. Is it possible to use this for widescreen programming that is downconverted to SD via Component until such a time as I purchase an HDTV capable display?

Should I agonizingly wait it out for the next gen so that if I purchase, I can go MPEG-4 if it's implemented at some point in the next year or to?

In anycase, I'm hurting here folks !sadroll , but don't want to waste good money.

I would BUY a 522 or 625 from e bay.

Nice thing is when your done using it sell it for $$$

Buy ONLY brand new never activated boxes, the dual tuers make it worthwhile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)