DishPro LNBFs on a DirecTV Phase II dish?

Tony T

Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Hi all and Merry Christmas.

I currently own a DirecTV Phase II antenna. This unit accommodates three DirecTV LNBFs: 101, 110, and 119.

I am interested in finding the least expensive way to obtain stacked signals on all three orbital positions. I will then run all three outputs into a diseqc switch, and be able to share 101, 110, and 119 among an arbitrary mix of DirecTV and DishPro IRDs.

(Suitable modifications will be made to the DirecTV equipment to enable the use of stacked feeds, diseqc selection, and "standard" utilization of the Sat C input.)

So, what do I need to buy to set this up?

1) Will three DishPro single ("dual") circular LNBFs fit into the Phase II dish?

2) If not, is there a similar unit on the market that will? Or a mounting bracket that facilitates this?

3) Or, is there another antenna similar to the DirecTV Phase II dish into which the DishPro LNBFs will fit?

Thanks.

Tate Satellites said:
Are you doing this for Hacking?

How would this arrangement facilitate Hacking (sic)?

I am doing this to reduce the complexity of my wiring and to avoid hanging a redundant dish.

Do you have any pointers for me?

The DISH Pro LNBF's have a D shaped mount, while the DirecTV dish needs the rectangle shaped mount for the LNBF's. The other problem is the non standard 110 WL LNBF for DirecTV.

Tony T said:
How would this arrangement facilitate Hacking (sic)?
I am doing this to reduce the complexity of my wiring and to avoid hanging a redundant dish.
Do you have any pointers for me?

Oh I was confused on what you were trying to do.

I thought you were trying to modify your directv receiver to get free service.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Tony T said:
(Suitable modifications will be made to the DirecTV equipment to enable the use of stacked feeds, diseqc selection, and "standard" utilization of the Sat C input.) .

I think you are going to have problems with this - the DP LNB's are NOT stacked in the same frequency band as D* stacked receivers/systems use.

Also, with the issue of the D* "special" 110 LNB, I don't see how you plan on getting the 110 slot out of the same LNB to BOTH D* & E* receivers.

I assume you already know about the imbedded switch in your Phase II dish that would also need to be bypassed to work with the E* receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts