Dishpro twin lnb for wing dish

bross

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
New Jersey
I have a dish 500 with a dishpro twin lnb that was taken down from a neighbors house. Can I use that as a wing dish with a dish 500 and a dishpro plus to get HD stations from 61.5?

I have SD tv's in my RV and take my 222 receiver with me when I use the RV but I'm thinking of upgrading to HD and taking my 722. The extra dish would be a hastle so I would only use it when I stay in one place for an extended time but HD would be nice when snowbirding in the south.

A twin is not recommended to use when pointing to a single sat. It has a switch built into it and requardless of what your other dish has you would need to use an external switch in order to have less problems. Best setup would be a DishProPlus twin on the main dish and a DP dual or single on the wing dish.

A twin is not recommended to use when pointing to a single sat. It has a switch built into it and requardless of what your other dish has you would need to use an external switch in order to have less problems. Best setup would be a DishProPlus twin on the main dish and a DP dual or single on the wing dish.

Even so, a twin on a wing dish is something I see on almost all jobs done by retailers around here (used to use 148 for Billings locals). It works, but it's not preferred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)