DishPro Twin LNBF and DishPro Dual LNBF not working together

ramtajogi

Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I am having a DishPro 500 Twin LNBF and DishPro 500 Dual LNBF. The DishPro 500 Twin LNBF is pointed toward 119 West and 110 West. The DishPro Dual 500 LNBF is pointed towards 148 West. I am having a SW21 switch. One wire is coming out of DishPro 500 Twin LNBF so I assume it is having an internal switch which is combining 119West and 110 West. The wire from DishPro Twin and DishPro Dual is going to SW21 switch. The problem is I am only getting 148 West signal if I am having both connected. I get the signal for 119 West/110 West only when Dual LNBF is not connected to the SW21 switch. Please help.

In my hookup, I have a dish 500 twin pointed at 119/110 and dish pro dual pointed at 61.5. Had to use a dp34 switch with the twin wired into slot 1 and 2 and the dual into slot 3. I went with this setup as my dealer said using the sw21 is proplematic, he couldn't remember the exact wiring to get your setup work, but said it would work at times with the problem would resurface many times. You can pick up the dp34 for about $40. Hope this helps. (Is the sw21 a pro switch or a legacy switch? If it is legacy it would explain the problem. Legacy equipment will not work with dp.)

Last edited:
ramtajogi said:
I am having a DishPro 500 Twin LNBF and DishPro 500 Dual LNBF. The DishPro 500 Twin LNBF is pointed toward 119 West and 110 West. The DishPro Dual 500 LNBF is pointed towards 148 West. I am having a SW21 switch. One wire is coming out of DishPro 500 Twin LNBF so I assume it is having an internal switch which is combining 119West and 110 West. The wire from DishPro Twin and DishPro Dual is going to SW21 switch. The problem is I am only getting 148 West signal if I am having both connected. I get the signal for 119 West/110 West only when Dual LNBF is not connected to the SW21 switch. Please help.
A SW21 switch is for use with "LEGACY" equipment it cannot be used with Dish Pro LNBs You need to use a DP21 or a DP34 to combine the outputs of your 2 satellite dishes.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts