Dish's 3D plans?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Not having much luck with search, and since Im new back to this part of the forum, can you point me in a direction?

is there a thread with plans, or do they not have any?

OK. I found where 3D PPV showed up last year and the 922 could do it. Has it been enabled on any other boxes? Any plans to add 3Net/N3D?

DISH Network appears to be tight enough on bandwidth that it seems unlikely they would add a linear channel that was only viewable on the ViP922.

I guess it isn't really fair to call the 3D channels linear as most of them are more like Demo Reels.

They announced at Team Summit they would be launching Linear 3D channels later this year. They also said that the 722's will also support 3D (only the 922 does currently)

Thanks Scott. I found an AVS thread that basically said the same, no channels yet and only 922. Im guessing since the 722 has the newer chip, thats part of it.

VoD is not cracking up to what I hoped in my transition, so I actually used Dish chat last night and changed my programming and have a HDDVR install Friday. Looking at what I was paying Directv, and my rebates, I just went with the Everything Pack for a year.

Cool thing is, i only lose MRV (which was not being used very much anymore), but gain AMC and BBC.

They announced at Team Summit they would be launching Linear 3D channels later this year. They also said that the 722's will also support 3D (only the 922 does currently)

Thanks for the response Scott but that's what they said LAST year but didn't say it would ONLY be available on the 922 and then only PPV at $7.99 (???).............:rant::rolleyes:
I'm perfectly happy with Dish except for the lack of any 3D on my 722 & 722K.

There, I feel better now!

Ed

Thanks for the response Scott but that's what they said LAST year but didn't say it would ONLY be available on the 922 and then only PPV at $7.99 (???).............:rant::rolleyes:
I'm perfectly happy with Dish except for the lack of any 3D on my 722 & 722K.

There, I feel better now!

Ed
They also mentioned ESPN 3D at last year's Summit...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I *hate* 3D. Ugh. I'm still hoping the fad will blow over. I went to another 3D movie (my son wanted to see it and we couldn't find it showing in 2D) and it is incredibly distracting to me. I don't think everyone reacts to 3D images the same way, because my 12-year-old son and I both think 3D is distracting.

I've been seeing reviewer PAN 3D left & right. That is just too much gimmick and impossible to watch in dark scenes. If it ever gets it together to work w/o glasses then I'm all for it. But it's too narrow a field of vision for me to want it.

I really enjoy 3D Blu, but only ones shot native. These conversions, like green hornet, suck.

The channels on directv were cool, but pq is lacking compared to Blu of course. I did enjoy espn 3D.

I like 3D so well I upgraded to an HR24 with my Directv sub to watch the 3D programming, French Open Tennis, Bull fighting, IMAX features & even Comedy makes it well worth it to me... before I did this I watched Dish about 75% of the time, now its about 50 - 50 ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)