Dish's HD Future?

beatboy77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
We all know that Directv is putting up 5 new satellites over the next couple of years for local and national HD channels. What is Dish Network doing to prepare for the future of HD? When is their upgrade comming? I am thinking of moving to Dish, just need a little more information.

~Josh

beatboy77 said:
We all know that Directv is putting up 5 new satellites over the next couple of years for local and national HD channels. What is Dish Network doing to prepare for the future of HD? When is their upgrade comming? I am thinking of moving to Dish, just need a little more information.

~Josh
Check back here after the Tech Chat Monday night. There "might" be some new info.

Let me just add that I believe Dish will have more than enough satellite bandwidth capacity in the next couple of years to at least match what DirecTV has planned. Another item that should be pointed out is that one may need a 24" x 36" dish to receive programming from some of these new DirecTV satellites. I would expect that Dish's largest dish will be their current Superdish which is about 30" at its widest.

We will not know what the future holds particularly with satellite until it gets here. This is especially true seeing how things get delayed and changed quite frequently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)