Dish's LNB is defective and I have to pay?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Plain and simple, flks....read the fine print.
We are Retailers, and we have a "Customer Affirmation Sheet" in which we explain everything to them. Know the terms of all agreements before agreeing to anything. We have a few that complain about service call fees, but since they know up front, they have a choice to make. They don't have to get DISH.
Others have had to have service calls later on and then they asked "Why should I pay for repair? It's not my equipment?" The answer from us is "Because that is what you agreed to."
We have the signed copies to prove it was explained to them and they agreed.

Correct it is what we agreed to. We have a choice to accept it or not and we do that by subscribing or not. I think the issue is not so much the business model as the price increases/structure change and the fact that, at least in my opinion, Dish isn't even giving the perception of providing something new and different which is what most retailers do when they make significant changes to pricing structure). I can't access account info on the new web site, remote access has not been 100% (the my dvr tab specifically) in about three weeks, and I was over charged for several months for a service that no longer existed and had to speak with three CSR's to get it corrected, and even then the remedy was to fix the billing and give me HBO and showtime free for three months, I would have rather had a credit for the three or four months of overcharge.
Anyway do you presesnt this customer affirmation before or after the install is done? Do you review it with the customer prior to even going to the home? Just curious as I have never had an installer for anything, cable, satillite etc go over a customer agreement prior to making the install. If you do it when the install is finished, how many customers have decided at that point, they don't agree with the terms, and tell you to take the equipment out fix my roof and leave?

Ross

I repair my own. One time I asked them about lightening strikes. Would they replace parts. They said no. That was a act of god. I responded that me snding money to them if that happened would also be an act of god.

Simple solution// Tip ($25 or more) your original technician and you might find he'll give you his personal phone number and you can call with any issue you might have.
Start looking for "private sector" techs on craigslist

They didn't emphasize that quite enough. I never heard that. You mean I'm going to take another $25 fee hit when I drop the protection plan that they added on for a free 9 month period when I signed up? Ridiculous! I have already had three programming change fees that they refuse to drop and a TV2 fee that they also refused to drop when I had my receiver hooked to ethernet for the majority of the month and it was giving caller ID information on my screen every day. Dish is nickel and diming me to death here. Every time you try to save money they try to take more. I also believe that the plan should not even exist. We lease the receivers. LEASE. When their fail of their own accord, it was not my stuff that broke, it was theirs. This is all their stuff because they want the LNB back if you cancel. And they want people to pay them even more just to fix their broken crap...

As a tech, welcome to our world, at least in a sense.

If a piece of equipment fails within 12 days of being installed, Dish holds the installing tech accountable. And this can effect the tech's pay when it comes to performance bonuses and performance evaluations, regardless if it isn't the tech's fault that the equipment crapped-out.

My immediate manager asked me to explain why my "Trouble Call" rate was getting high and I just said "Excuse me, but I don't believe I'm the one who owes an explanation. If anything, Dish owes me an explanation as to why their equipment is crapping-out within 12 days of me installing it".

This company will tell it customers and its employees that it cares about them. They don't. When comes down to it, it's ALL about the green. Show them the money. Nothing else matters.

As a tech, welcome to our world, at least in a sense.

If a piece of equipment fails within 12 days of being installed, Dish holds the installing tech accountable. And this can effect the tech's pay when it comes to performance bonuses and performance evaluations, regardless if it isn't the tech's fault that the equipment crapped-out.

My immediate manager asked me to explain why my "Trouble Call" rate was getting high and I just said "Excuse me, but I don't believe I'm the one who owes an explanation. If anything, Dish owes me an explanation as to why their equipment is crapping-out within 12 days of me installing it".

This company will tell it customers and its employees that it cares about them. They don't. When comes down to it, it's ALL about the green. Show them the money. Nothing else matters.

And this is no different than any other business....the issue here is HOW YOU MAKE YOUR CUSTOMER FEEL when you ask them to grab their ankles.

We all know we are taking ********* they just need to learn how to make it less repugnant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)