Dish's New Internet Offering

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Internet powered by Exede. No longer WildBlue. Available Feb. 1st. 33% higher data caps. Bundled accounts with AT120 and higher will get a $5 credit.

New customers will pay $99 upfront.
Existing customers will pay $149 upfront.
For customers that are able to pick up the new satellite they will get 12Mbps download and 3Mbs upload.
Customers picking up the existing satellite will get 5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

Package prices are:
$49.99 for 10GB data cap
$79.99 for 15GB data cap
$129.99 for 25GB data cap
All packages get the same speeds, you just pay more for more data.

$10/month lease fee.

Internet powered by Exede. No longer WildBlue. Available Feb. 1st. 33% higher data caps. Bundled accounts with AT120 and higher will get a $5 credit.

For customers that are able to pick up the new satellite they will get 12Mbps download and 3Mbs upload.
Customers picking up the existing satellite will get 5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

Package prices are:
$49.99 for 10GB data cap
$79.99 for 15GB data cap

$10/month lease fee.
wish you could ask dish what was the S116 update for the 922 was for :)

Package prices are:
$49.99 for 10GB data cap
$79.99 for 15GB data cap

$10/month lease fee.
As a retailer I am pretty excited about the offer.

samedaysatellite said:
As a retailer I am pretty excited about the offer.

I like it too since it will be more attractive to customers. What I don't like about selling Internet service is trying to deal with people's computers. When their service seems slow but everything looks good on our end it's hard to explain to a customer it may be their computer even if it is new.

As a way to diversify, you could maybe charge an outside service fee to "optimize" their computer. This would validate the additional time to clean up and speed up their computer. If a guy knew what he was doing anyway. I used to be a tech support guy for Caterpillar (the heavy machinery company) so, I kinda know my way around. However, I may partner up with a friend that does residential computer tech support. We've been kickin around the idea since they started talking about the offer at CES.

Has this been confirmed? I heard that dish wants an Internet to compete with time Warner,Vios ect. Those prices are a bit high. Its like the Hugh's Internet prices.

Has this been confirmed? I heard that dish wants an Internet to compete with time Warner,Vios ect. Those prices are a bit high. Its like the Hugh's Internet prices.

This is confirmed. This is the ViaSat (Wildblue) service. This is service for rural areas. It is NOT intended to be marketed to those people with access to DSL/Cable internet.

That competitive possibility for Dish lies in their wireless spectrum and 4G, not in satellite internet.

So will this be available as a bundle for DISH subscribers where everything will be on one bill?

Are they serious 15GB for $79.99? Guess I will keep my FIOS 15GB for $39.99 and unlimited phone.

If you are able to ger FIOS then satellite internet in not marketed to you. It is meant for people in rural areas that have no access to FIOS, DSL or cable internet. I don't think I would sell it to someone that had access to one of those other providers.

As a Wildblue and Dish Dealer, I am more excited about the new Service actually being available full time to sell.. I was assured by WIldblue that we no longer would have to tell prospective customers to check back later because the beam was closed.....

As a Wildblue and Dish Dealer, I am more excited about the new Service actually being available full time to sell.. I was assured by WIldblue that we no longer would have to tell prospective customers to check back later because the beam was closed.....

They told me that two years ago at Team Summit. I'm glad it's finally here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)