DISH’s Pocket-Sized HopperGO Lets Customers Take DVR on the Road

Someone please confirm by testing that this will work with Hopper 2 with sling before I purchase. Seeing conflicting information. thanks.

Someone please confirm by testing that this will work with Hopper 2 with sling before I purchase. Seeing conflicting information. thanks.

I've got one here that works great with the HWS or H2 with the new Carbon User Interface.

I've been told it requires the new CUI but I haven't tested it with a H2 on the old software and don't plan to.

It will be slightly crippled and slow with a Hopper2. No USB3 and would have to be charged with an adapter, and therefore not be able download to while charging. It's really another reason to upgrade to Hopper3 if you want HopperGo.

I was in the Hopper GO beta program, but couldn't discuss details while I was using it, except with our tech opps dept. I love it. I actually used it at the DMV the other day. Made the long wait times so much more pleasant watching Archer.
If anyone has questions or wants to know info, D.I.R.T. has the dirt.

I just wish it had HDMI out.

But, eventually someone with an HWS will confirm a USB to HDMI dongle works. My primary use would be to take recordings to our RV to watch on a 32" HDTV. After we have all been taken kicking and screaming to Carbon.

I like my two HWSes and won't likely move to the H3 now. Besides, I like my 4x FF. Although I guess that goes away with the Carbon UI. And I'd have a hard time dealing with no "recording in progress" LED.

Reactions: stardust3
I just wish it had HDMI out.

But, eventually someone with an HWS will confirm a USB to HDMI dongle works. My primary use would be to take recordings to our RV to watch on a 32" HDTV. After we have all been taken kicking and screaming to Carbon.

I like my two HWSes and won't likely move to the H3 now. Besides, I like my 4x FF. Although I guess that goes away with the Carbon UI. And I'd have a hard time dealing with no "recording in progress" LED.

With 16 tuners, I don't miss it. I don't care. I know whatever i have recording, it is.

I like my 4x FF

I really miss that option. Aside from the fubarred OTA recording, that is probably the biggest thing I miss in daily use of the H3 vs. the old HWS. I still don't get what was "improved" by that 4X option being removed.

I just wish it had HDMI out. LED.
I use Dish Anywhere to download movies to my tablet and can hook my tablet to my 63 inch HDTV and the quality is great. What does the HopperGo offer that any tablet doesn't, plus I can hook my tablet to HDMI cable to TV. I use it in my RV with a 32inch TV for camping.

I use Dish Anywhere to download movies to my tablet and can hook my tablet to my 63 inch HDTV and the quality is great. What does the HopperGo offer that any tablet doesn't, plus I can hook my tablet to HDMI cable to TV. I use it in my RV with a 32inch TV for camping.
Yep, that is what I do with my I pad mini. I take it to my parents house and use my DISH anywhere app to play movies that I get on HBO or Epix that they haven't seen before when we come over to visit. I use the usb hdmi adapter cable and play it on their hdtv. Works just fine. I also can use my I pad as my "joey" in the computer room to watch something different in there when my wife hogs the main tv in the living room. When I want to watch same thing, I use that input and an hdmi splitter to get the same thing in both rooms and I have my extra remote to control the hopper in the computer room. Good perk that saves me the $7.00 joey fee.:bounce

Reactions: charlesrshell
For the Hopper Go to work on the H2 / HWS, You do need the Carbon UI-
If you need to get the new interface, a software download is required :
This must be completed at any Hopper w/ Sling receivers active in the home-
At the Hopper w/ Sling, access Settings > Diagnostics > Updates-
Press Play > Play > Recall on the Hopper w/ Sling remote-
You will get a 1573 pop up:
If you select download now, Place all Joeys into Standby- you cannot interrupt the process until it is completed-
If you select download later, All Joeys will need to be put into Standby by 1:00 am, and again, the process cannot be interrupted until completed.

This will get you the new Carbon interface-

-Brian L-

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
I am dreading carbon ui as it will mean that my hopper 1 will be useless. as I will no longer be able to watch the recordings from my hopper 2

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts