Dish's Regional Sport package + other Dish Sports questions

tjguitar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Hey everyone, I'm moving out soon and I noticed Dish has some very cheap offers right now. I know htey don't have some sports stations like MLB Network and NFL Network but I think I've watched MLB once and I have never watched NFL. The main channels I watch are local OTAs, ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, TNT ESPNU and CBS CS + regional FSN's/CSN's.

I was wondering if the FSN and CSN College football & basketball games blacked out in the sports pack on Dish?

Can you get the Sports Pack with Bronze+ Plus (basic package + local RSNs) Or do you need a more expnensive package?

I also noticed there's a superstatoin package for $6 a month which should get me some extra free pro sports--do any of those stations carry ESPN Plus regional college games?

Thanks!
TJ

Hey everyone, I'm moving out soon and I noticed Dish has some very cheap offers right now. I know htey don't have some sports stations like MLB Network and NFL Network but I think I've watched MLB once and I have never watched NFL. The main channels I watch are local OTAs, ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, TNT ESPNU and CBS CS + regional FSN's/CSN's.

I was wondering if the FSN and CSN College football & basketball games blacked out in the sports pack on Dish?

Can you get the Sports Pack with Bronze+ Plus (basic package + local RSNs) Or do you need a more expnensive package?

I also noticed there's a superstatoin package for $6 a month which should get me some extra free pro sports--do any of those stations carry ESPN Plus regional college games?

Thanks!
TJ

You might get a better response if you ask a mod to move this to the DISH Network forum, or place it there as well, but a Mod can move it for you.

I just found out that my unit is facing the wrong direction for satellite, sounds like I'm stuck with Time Warner Cable or AT&T U-verse.--sorry I posted in the wrong place!

They do have the NFL Network and the Red Zone channel for NFL. I don't know which packages they are part of though. They do NOT have MLB Network, Extra Innings, nor Sunday Ticket.
I believe it is the same as with other providers.
Don't know. A Dish sub may be of better help.
No. They only show the local games that they carry in their local region. You will only be able to see those local games on those local superstations. Keep in mind, you cannot get them in HD, if that is a concern.

moved to Dish forum

it really depends. Some are but lots arent blacked out. There is no definite answer on if a game will be blacked out or not. Depending on your local area, those games wont be blacked out on your local RSN

sports pack can be added with Bronze +
Bronze + gives you your local RSN and can add the multi sports pack for 6 bucks

there are no blackouts on the Superstations so yes you do get some ESPN+ games (Big East on WSBK as example)

Does DISH not have Fox Sports West HD and Prime Ticket HD? That might be a deal breaker. UVerse and Direc both have it, but Dish has better pricing for sports pack, and i don't care whatsoever about not getting YES.

Yikes--To get Versus with DISH, you need the GOLD 250 package, for ATT its only the 2nd tier...hmm.

BUT AT&T doesnt have CBS College Sports, or CSN Bay Area for out of market viewers.

Choices choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts