Dish's RSN HD - lack of candor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
The way Dish explained the regional sports networks not being 24/7 HD was Dish did not want to use HD bandwith on studio talk shows . But, all games that were produced in HD by your regional sports network would be shown on your Dish RSN HD channel. And all live games were shown in HD - until this year.

I have seen posts from folks in a few cities who were upset that their teams game was not in HD on thier RSN. I'm in the Chicago area and a few of the games on CSN Chicago were not shown in HD on Dish. ( This year CSN Chicago has all their games in HD.)

I have called and e-mailed Dish wanting to know why they are not showing my home team's game on my local RSN HD channel. I have recieved answers such as Dish does currenly have your local RSN in HD and we do not know when it will be added. ( For the record I believe Dish added CSN Chicago HD in Aug 2007) . Major League Basebase blackout rules requires we not show the game in HD. The game is not being sent to us in HD by CSN Chicago.

I knew all these reasons were bogus. I though Dish was making a mistake and they just forgot to throw the HD switch. Who could a reach at Dish Network to tell them the game should be in HD? Please someone turn on my RSN HD channel.

Finally, I got a straight answer from CSN. Dish has limitied HD capacity which sometimes prevents them from showing every regional sports networks game in HD.

Now, I'm not happy when a game I want to see is not in HD; but at least I know it is not a mistake on Dish's part and there is nothing I can do to get Dish to show the game in HD.

I think Dish is doing their customers a disservice by not giving the real reason some of the RSN games are not in HD. I understand Dish does not want to admit that the game is not in HD because they have HD capacity limitions. But, I rather hear that then untrue explanations that insults my intelligence.

I do not blame the CSRs. All they can do is pass on the resons/excuses that they are given by management. Dish excutives who appear on a tech forum and brag about adding 22 HD channels while failing to mention that they plan within a matter of hours to remove 15 HD channels are the people who keep their CSRs from giving out correct information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)