DISH's second quarter number posted and they lost 281,000 subs

Yeah, and for some unknown bewildering reason, they do not advertise them. If they did, they might actually see subscriber growth. Hardly anyone except people on satellite forums knows that the Welcome Pack and Flex Pack exist.
They don't advertise them because they don't keep the lights on and Charlie's packets full.
They are a last resort in not completely losing a customer.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

If they merged with a major player like DTV did, say if they partnered with Google for broadband bundles, that would make a difference.
Well Verizon is the only one that can help with that .
The Tmobile and Sprint majority of customers are prepaid customers.
Hard to bundle with that.

And Directv didn't merge, They were bought. That's what happens to thriving company's.
2 Dying company's aren't going to turn into anything but a mess.

A merge would have been 2 similar to equal value companies, like at the time Directv and Dish.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

For you. Quit taking your anecdotal situation and making blanket statements for everyone.
And there it turns personal.

It's not rocket science.
How many channels in the Flex pack?
How much does it cost?
How many channels in Top 200? How much does it cost?
What channels are in the Flex that isn't in Top 200?

Answer those questions and dollar for dollar clearly Top 200 is a much better value than what your getting at half the price for Flex .

A La carte isn't cheaper.

I'm listing suggestions towards an improvement to this company, ALL I'm seeing from here is" YES DISH"
"GOOD JOB DISH".
We didn't need a 16 tuner Hopper and a new Retention pack.

We need Stability..
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well Verizon is the only one that can help with that .
The Tmobile and Sprint majority of customers are prepaid customers.
Hard to bundle with that.

And Directv didn't merge, They were bought. That's what happens to thriving company's.
2 Dying company's aren't going to turn into anything but a mess.

A merge would have been 2 similar to equal value companies, like at the time Directv and Dish.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Most mergers are acquisitions. Only difference is in a merger usually both cease to exist and are out under a new corporate entity. It is six of one and a half dozen of the other. Where do you get TMobile customers are mostly prepaid? They have surpassed Sprint as the #3 mobile provider and have been growing.

Most mergers are acquisitions. Only difference is in a merger usually both cease to exist and are out under a new corporate entity. It is six of one and a half dozen of the other. Where do you get TMobile customers are mostly prepaid? They have surpassed Sprint as the #3 mobile provider and have been growing.
Dish is Number 2 Satellite provider, Who cares that means nothing.
T mobile would be milked above and beyond if Charlie had any control of that company.

And T mobile was mostly prepaid.
If it's not now , Great but does it really matter?
Where is either offer?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I have to disagree with you on the FLEX pack. I am getting channels from all three packs that I would have to pay $89.99 for to get and I 'm only paying $34.99 for the pack+$10.00 locals+ $10.00 news pack and I have the $5.00 1/2 price DISH Movie pack + $10.00 HB0 as long as I stay with DISH = $69.99 before I pay the Hopper fees of $29.00 =$98.99. So I am not paying for Sports that I NEVER WATCHED ANYWAY and I am saving about $47.00 a month . That same group of channels costed me around $145.99 before when I had top 250 +Hbo +Dish movie pack. I do watch the channels that I have now and that makes me very happy. Subsidizing sports teams that I could care less about, made me angry. So in this case DISH saves me money. If only they would advertise this new pack in an advertising campaign they would see new subs come on board. Imagine if they dropped the Fees down too, so that they could undercut the competition. :clapping

I have to disagree with you on the FLEX pack. I am getting channels from all three packs that I would have to pay $89.99 for to get and I 'm only paying $34.99 for the pack+$10.00 locals+ $10.00 news pack and I have the $5.00 1/2 price DISH Movie pack + $10.00 HB0 as long as I stay with DISH = $69.99 before I pay the Hopper fees of $29.00 =$98.99. So I am not paying for Sports that I NEVER WATCHED ANYWAY and I am saving about $47.00 a month . That same group of channels costed me around $145.99 before when I had top 250 +Hbo +Dish movie pack. I do watch the channels that I have now and that makes me very happy. Subsidizing sports teams that I could care less about, made me angry. So in this case DISH saves me money. If only they would advertise this new pack in an advertising campaign they would see new subs come on board. Imagine if they dropped the Fees down too, so that they could undercut the competition. :clapping
And that's Fine, and that works for you.
You are also not the guys running around saying" Dish is cheaper end of story"

But you guys are also Hunting for these deals and other deals.
Most people don't call retention every other month.
Don't get me wrong , do what you have to. Once my contact is up, I may go elsewhere I may not.
But price is only a part of the equation.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

He's hung up on channel count. But who really cares about channel count? It is about channels I watch count.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
It's about Value and Quality and Stability .
It's not about existing customers calling retention department.
You think that helps Business?

Those packages are for people that have financial troubles, and are under contract and in need bill reduction. Not for people to exploit it.
That's why it's retention only.
It's a good system, and Dish and DIRECTV should be proud of it.

You guys with the calling over credits and retention packages just drags dish down more.

These are the customers Charlie wants to weed out.
These are the not the stable customers.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Dish is Number 2 Satellite provider, Who cares that means nothing.
T mobile would be milked above and beyond if Charlie had any control of that company.

And T mobile was mostly prepaid.
If it's not now , Great but does it really matter?
Where is either offer?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You just like to argue with people don't you. I said nothing about Dish, you brought them into it.

Reactions: JSheridan
Financial Analysts are starting to go after Dish now-

"By now, it is widely understood that the sand is running out of Dish's satellite TV hourglass," MoffettNathanson Craig Moffett said in a note to investors. "Once considered a 'better mousetrap' for video delivery, satellite TV technology is now increasingly seen as an anachronism; a one-way broadcast-only platform in a world that increasingly demands two-way interactivity. Dish's dismal second quarter results in their core business, with what was by far their worst-ever subscriber loss, suggest that there is less sand in the hourglass faster than we thought."

Also troubling, Moffett estimates Sling's growth slowed to only around 49,000 subs in the second quarter.

"For a one-year-old OTT service, that may be an even more alarming result than the huge 330K subscriber loss that same Sling TV result implies for the core satellite TV business," Moffett added.

Speaking to investors, Dish Chairman and CEO Charlie Ergen blamed the sub losses on a second quarter that was a "bit more abnormal."

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/di...Dh2bGI5UHJyQXRURFlscEtIZk1QWExLVTFGNFE9In0%3D

Yeah, and for some unknown bewildering reason, they do not advertise them. If they did, they might actually see subscriber growth. Hardly anyone except people on satellite forums knows that the Welcome Pack and Flex Pack exist.

The Flex package and all the add on's are set to go live on Aug 4 and supposedly will be advertised heavily.

And a side note, the Refer a Friend is going to $100 ($10 a month for 10 months) for both the new customer and the referrer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts