DISH's second quarter number posted and they lost 281,000 subs

Well now you can look forward to a return letter offering you the moon to come back to DISH. Funny that they only want to offer that deal AFTER you disconnect your service ,instead of before. But it will rival anything a new sub gets and if that doesn't get you , if you wait two months , you can become a new sub ALL over again and get the latest and best receivers, deals etc.

After nearly 18 years, they offered me the moon to stay when I called to cancel, but it was already to late. I had already had Cox installed with my Tivo's for more than a month, so was locked into the bundle with them. I fully expected some offers in the mail or via email, but its been 3 months and not a single thing from Dish.

After nearly 18 years, they offered me the moon to stay when I called to cancel, but it was already to late. I had already had Cox installed with my Tivo's for more than a month, so was locked into the bundle with them. I fully expected some offers in the mail or via email, but its been 3 months and not a single thing from Dish.
Maybe they are now concentrated on trying to attract new subs ,especially since you can become a new sub again after 60 days without DISH now.

Like Rhyph said, Dish made no good offers to stay, and I was a high paying customer. Got the Comcast X1 system and immediately missed my Hoppers. I since learned to live with their DVR.Internet is a must nowadays and I was paying them $70 just for that. Their TV and Internet deal is saving me lots of money. No more rain fade and I get channels not available on Dish. Much more on Demand stuff and no buffering. The slave units are much faster than the Joeys. And so far, no channel disputes. Being a Veteran, I really enjoy the Military History Channel.

Now the picture quality. X1 converts everything to 1080p. Yes, it is a better picture. I had to set my Hoppers to 720p to alleviate blurring.

I was gonna go back to Dish after my deal expires with Comcast. Not so sure if I will return. I'll see when the time comes.

Why yes they are, anything 2 years old in the electronics world is ancient tech. Try a wally against that 211, huge difference in the tech. ;)

Dang, the 211k is the 2nd newest item in my setup (the BD being the newest)
The AV reciever, LD, cassette deck and speakers are all from '99. The plasma is circa 2012 (replaced the 36" CRT from '99 that needed repaired for the 3rd time)

I'd like to replace the AV for something with HDMI switching, but everything else is perfectly fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts