DISH's second quarter number posted and they lost 281,000 subs

So to summarize, you were very unhappy with DISH when you called to "discuss" canceling, they didn't give you a hard time, sent you the boxes and you are going to switch. Also, everyone here who has DISH and a 4K TV doesn't understand how bad the picture they are seeing is.

Reactions: STDog
So to summarize, you were very unhappy with DISH when you called to "discuss" canceling, they didn't give you a hard time, sent you the boxes and you are going to switch. Also, everyone here who has DISH and a 4K TV doesn't understand how bad the picture they are seeing is.

They would if the switched to DTV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Troch77
Well now you can look forward to a return letter offering you the moon to come back to DISH. Funny that they only want to offer that deal AFTER you disconnect your service ,instead of before. But it will rival anything a new sub gets and if that doesn't get you , if you wait two months , you can become a new sub ALL over again and get the latest and best receivers, deals etc.

Reactions: STDog and Tampa8
It's almost like they want to make sure you are actually leaving! Lol But I have always wondered why they wait because for many/most they already are getting the next provider.

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and STDog
Well now you can look forward to a return letter offering you the moon to come back to DISH. Funny that they only want to offer that deal AFTER you disconnect your service ,instead of before. But it will rival anything a new sub gets and if that doesn't get you , if you wait two months , you can become a new sub ALL over again and get the latest and best receivers, deals etc.
I'd be curious to see what kind of offers he gets. I'll bet he won't hear anything until they start marketing the Flex pack.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It's almost like they want to make sure you are actually leaving! Lol But I have always wondered why they wait because for many/most they already are getting the next provider.
I make a phone call first, feel the situation at hand, then if I don't like what I hear, I call up the competition.

If it's something I want and can benifit from, Then I sign up, then after the install I call back my Current provider and cancel.

I don't have provider loyalty.
Dish, Directv and Cable I don't care.
They all have something better than each other, and they all have something worse.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerhead
So there are some Dish fanboys in the Dish forum, but how many Dish fanboys go over to the DTV forum like the DTV fanboys do here?

Reactions: STDog
I make a phone call first, feel the situation at had, then if I don't like what I hear, I call up the competition.

If it's something I want and can benifit from, Then I sign up, then after the install I call back my Current provider and cancel.

They all have something better than each other, and they all have something worse.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
That's what I'm saying, it's seems too late to offer after someone has cancelled.

Reactions: Troch77
I make a phone call first, feel the situation at had, then if I don't like what I hear, I call up the competition.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That used to be me. But these days Dish is more than good enough in package/price offerings and the H3 is just so much better than anything else out there, that it will take cable/Direct making a big leap forward in hardware/software before I'll switch again.

That's what I'm saying, it's seems too late to offer after someone has cancelled.
Agree.
To be far though, I'm usually calling in for something Legit.
Not looking for a credit or a reason to stay.

What made me quit Dish the first time was a number of small things, BUT the main thing was the EA switch over.
I was one of those 61.5, 110, 119 customers.
Well dish decided that I should pay $100 to be switched to 1.4k so I could receive the newly launched HD channels on the 72.5.
Yeah well, That was the day before my trip to Las Vegas, cancelled on the spot, so I told dish give me the address of where to send the Vips, 3 leased (622,612,722k.
Sent all 3 for $14 which Dish charged $15 at that time, but wasn't waiting for that.
Called Cable company, Had Installer at my house day after I got back.
Got 4 HD DVRs not a penny spent.
Got 25 more HD channels than Dish had.

So if Dish would have simply just giving me all the HD channels that anyone with a 1.4k had, all that could have been avoided.
And they more than likely would have retained a 4 year customer, and not went 6 years without a penny from me.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That used to be me. But these days Dish is more than good enough in package/price offerings and the H3 is just so much better than anything else out there, that it will take cable/Direct making a big leap forward in hardware/software before I'll switch again.

Directv I won't consider until they come out with a New Genie.

And then I need to see a years worth of reviews before I'll even think about a switch.

If Charlie said ," well that's it, I'm done Dish" and took his money and ran.
I would just go back to cable.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yeah, if the choice was only DirecTV or Cable, even with crappy Mediacom I would pick cable and use a TiVo. Mediacom's TV service is OK, not great but not horrible either. Biggest disadvantage of using them is dealing with them when issues arise or being able to do things online or email instead of phone calls only. Odd how with them some phone deals never actually happen, and if you try dealing with their door-to-door salesmen, it is even worse.

So there are some Dish fanboys in the Dish forum, but how many Dish fanboys go over to the DTV forum like the DTV fanboys do here?
Usually I'll see something In my Feed, Dish Directv, cable, doesn't matter, and I feel something isn't accurate or don't agree with.
I say it.
But I usually don't just go to the Directv side to say something sucks.

Unless they are trying to compare something that I know is actually better.
For example the other day.
Someone was commenting on Directv VOD, and there was download issues.
Well you get the classic, "it's always worked for me"
When I can tell you that Directvs VOD has significant download issues.
Dish doesn't have this. Occasionally it had hiccups . But it's never taken 4.5 hours to download a Sopranos episode. Mind you thats one example.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Does either actually have 4K content?
Or we talking about HD on a 4K tv?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Both Dish and Direct have 4K VOD. I think Direct has one 4K channel.

It appears that both D* and E* will have some 4K Olympics coverage.

Both Dish and Direct have 4K VOD. I think Direct has one 4K channel.

It appears that both D* and E* will have some 4K Olympics coverage.

Directv 4K on demand, well for customers sake, I hope Directv VOD is from satellite , and not Streaming Internet.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You don't have to be a d-bag to a fellow Tampa native who is simply trying to put his experience out there. I'm not switching to D* either, I've been there before as well. I am a former E* employee so I have certain insights as well. I'm very aware that you fanbois like to rassle about the image quality, but it is just another vote that Dish's image quality sucks, period.

Wow. the hopper 2k and Joeys are ancient?

So what's that make my ViP (211/211k) recievers?

Why yes they are, anything 2 years old in the electronics world is ancient tech. Try a wally against that 211, huge difference in the tech. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts