dish's star rating system.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I heard about this awhile ago but not sure if its still around. Does dish have a star rating system for their customers? I heard for each free credit of anything you ask for it affects your star rating ? The better status you have the cheaper upgrades will cost you? Is there any truth to this?

Yes, it reared its ugly head when people went to upgrade to the Hopper.

I bet with all the Roku offers there's going to be a lot more B's and C's ;) . I took that into consideration but I highly doubt I'll need to upgrade my current configuration anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I can already tell that Dish hasn't really changed that much at all.

I'm now almost certain I'm going to have to call regarding the $50 gift card I am supposed to get.. and I'm pretty sure my freehd has fallen off since I had to change my Credit Card number.

What's messed up is, these interactions I am forced to make with Dish most certainly effect my customer rating with them.. but in reality, it's their rating that should be in the sink since I'm forced to hold them up to their end of the bargain.. I do everything I say I am going to do.

Yes, it's true, and it's separate from the retailer A B C rating system. It's basically a "quality of customer" classification. In other words, DISH got tired of all the people playing games and shopping for deals. The expectation always was that if you buy something, you pay for what you bought. Some people felt they should get much more for their dollar. This system was developed to directly counter the customer games. It doesn't reset, it lives forever and it tracks most types of activity on an account. In short, DISH KNOWS if you're playing games now, and they can and likely will treat you accordingly.

Now for the burn; CSRs aren't permitted to even acknowledge it exists. But assume if you're playing games, your account is flagged. That's essentially a true statement now.

... But assume if you're playing games, your account is flagged. ...

And who's to determine when someone is "playing games"? Some random CSR in Pakistan? So they'll flag your account, drop your star rating, all the while denying that their doing it. How horrible is that for the customer?

What's worse: How horrible that is for the CSR who's forced to do it under threat of being fired?

I do not think that the csrs can adjust your rating. I eas working with retention and they seemed to think that I should be able to get a hopper for free sure to my account rating. However, she could not get it to go through. Her supervisor told her that the best they could do was $99 since I had dish America. She told me that upgrading to Americas top 120 with autopay for 3 months should give me enough status to get a free hopper.

I did 120 for a month and decided the $99 was worth getting it faster. I called back and the best they could do was $199 since I recently changed my programming. They are complete slaves to the computer system. I think supervisors can override it since someone eventually tried to offer the $99 hopper and gave me a free month of service for the trouble, but the computer still blocked the hopper.

Anyway, not worth paying dish for a hopper just to pay more each month. I am keeping the 722 for now and looking elsewhere for a good deal.

I would think our customer rating would be simply a calculated figure. A certain level of programming is worth X points, a late payment is -Y points, years of being a customer is Z points, etc, etc. Then those with a certain number of points are "A" etc.

The difference between what we hear of what dish is doing, and what other companies usually do is that dish doesn't tell you your rank nor give you indication on how to improve it, not to mention what if any benefit you would gain. Companies that rank their customers typically will do so as part of a program to improve relation ships with customers. Giving them clear indications of what they can do to increase their rank, and what benefits come with increased rank.

My WAG is that the main purpose of the system is for internal use allowing lower level CSR's the power to make decisions on customers they otherwise couldn't.

I don't have many choices when it comes to quality tv providers. I have wow.. comcast, direct and dish to choose from. Ive had all of them and each one has their good and bad. Overall i am happy with dish and never ask for credits.

This may have nothing to do with the star system, but I have noticed that there have been many offers as of late with premiums and multisport offered?

Seems so to me, too. Dish may be trying to keep current customers happy. And hopefully gain more subs to the premiums/multi-sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)