Have Cut the cable moving to stationary dish anttena from RV auto carry out What" Proceedure"???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
I have cutt the cable and With permision from Dish I have brought my RV 211K into the house and am using my auto carryout dish anttenna mounted on my RV.(parked close by the house) I have a wesrtn arc dish mounted above the house roof and aimed at 119, 110, and 129 I would like to use. ( I am afraid that the mechanisms in the carryout may wear out prematurely. What is the detailed step by step procedure to tranistion from the auto carry out to the manual dish antenna? I would also like like the detailed procedure to go back to auto carryout.

Last edited:
hook up line from port 1,2,3 if they are open on your dish to 211 and run check switch on 211. Menu 6,1,1, check switch and test then save and exit

Enjoy

hook up line from port 1,2,3 if they are open on your dish to 211 and run check switch on 211. Menu 6,1,1, check switch and test then save and exit

Enjoy
Thanks a lot for the info. Is it the the reverse steps to go back to the carry-out auto dish??? I have never done it because to me it is a very scary thing to accidently render a $600.00 to $900.00 auto dish inop. This procedure may be covered somwhere in the manual but in a lot of cases the manual authors assume a lot and things get buried deep in tech data and are impossible to decifer.

OK I did as instructed above from rocket69 and I now have NO sattellites in the reception box. HELP . Was I supposed to have all green accross the acquiring sat BOX ??????? before trying to check switch???? Please someone tell me how to recofigure to use my carryout auto dish again.

Do you know if the dish on your roof is working and correctly aimed?
Do you have 1 cable run from the dish on the roof to the satellite input on the back of the 211?
Did you run the Menu 6-1-1 and check switch? What was the result of that test?

To reconnect to RV dish just connect cable to receiver and run switch test.

Do you know if the dish on your roof is working and correctly aimed?
Do you have 1 cable run from the dish on the roof to the satellite input on the back of the 211?
Did you run the Menu 6-1-1 and check switch? What was the result of that test?

To reconnect to RV dish just connect cable to receiver and run switch test.

OK everything is now running fine on my auto dish. I really really need some help on tweaking my stationary dish back into focus. A lot of things have transpired since I installed and aimed that dish 2 years ago. I now have stents in my heart and torn ligaments in my left shoulder. I dont think I should be crawling around on the roof tweaking a sat dish. could I ask a DIRT member for some advise about getting a local dish installer to tweak my dish? I'm more than willing to pay for it. In fact I expect it.

You can call DISH for a service call or PM a DIRT member to set up the service call. Dirt members are in red at bottom of main page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)