Dish's Tech Support Throws in the towel on getting my Joey working. Any DIRT members can help?

ronb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Raleigh , nc
2nd Joey will not download or connect. I can get it to 1303, and I can also get in to 3 of 6 discovering. 27 hours and two Joeys later I'm at square 1

2nd Joey will not download or connect. I can get it to 1303, and I can also get in to 3 of 6 discovering. 27 hours and two Joeys later I'm at square 1

Okay, here is something that may help. I just had a hopper installed with 2 joey's. Dish's schematics and manuals aren't exactly clear on how things can and cannot be attached together.

The hopper added a new single or duo node to your satellite switch. This has a port that says host and client. The client should be the joeys with splitters and the host should be just the hopper.

IF you have a tap on the host line to add a joey nearby to the Hopper you just locked out your other joey's. According to DNSC tech's and their supervisors, the joeys on the client line should work even with a tap on the host. But today it was clear that you cant have a tap. We basically just ran a new wire from the node to the joey via the client line and removed the tap.

This may not be your exact issue but it might help someone else having issues.

No but thanks, I have rg6 coming off client to 2way splitter 1 joey working 1 wont. Even moved non working joey to working joey location. same results

This is exactly why I am waiting to get the Hopper/Joey. It seems the bugs always are big in the first release. I hope Dish fixes them soon enough. I just can't have the Hopper/Joeys installed and NOT have them work. The family would make me walk the plank!

omg its downloading. Just for the hell of it i retoned my line , to 2nd Joey it toned out fine, then I replaced brand new 2 way splitter. Upon replacing brand new splitter, when performing suggested steps, it imediately went to 061. Apparently 1 port on 2 way splitter was bad so it was allowing 1 joey to operate but not the other.

I too had a nightmare install. After reading several solutions and trying them without success, I finally found the key step that I was missing. Here's the (layman's) guide to getting past the 1303 screen for the Joey:

1. Disconnect the coax cable.
2. Unplug the Joey from the outlet. LEAVE UNPLUGGED FOR AT LEAST 1 MINUTE. THIS IS KEY TO GETTING THE JOEY TO RESET.
3. Plug in Joey WITHOUT COAX CONNECTED. Let the Joey power up completely.
4. Unplug Joey again.
5. Connect the coax cable and plug in Joey.
6. Wait for software to download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)