Dishstore.net...what do they do?

joeyjojojnr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
I was going to order dish through dishstore, as everyone seems to say they have the best deal. However, when I call the 800 numbers on their site, I'm just taken to a generic call center and they seem to not know any of the specifics about dishstore specifically.

So, a few questions:

How does one contact dishstore directly to order? Or does one just call the call center?

If I order through DishStore, who actually installs it locally?

If I have issues with the service and/or hardware, do I call DishStore? Or at that point am I just dealing with DishNetwork directly?

What I really am looking for is to be able to talk to someone to straighten out the package and hardware I want and what that will ultimately cost and NOT be constantly pushed into the sale, which you definitely get if you call DishNetwork directly.

Ultimately, I *think* this is what I'm after:

TurboHD Bronze = $25/month
PlatinumHD Add-on = $10/month
722 HD DVR for two TVs = ??? (not sure how that is paid for/rented)
DVR Service = $5/month
Taxes+Fees+Random other charges = ???

I can't quite tell what DishStore gives me on top of the generic Dish deals. It looks like it's mainly that $125 rebate...which is significant, of course.

If you're in the "greater" Detroit area, Dishstore's installers will do the work. If you're elsewhere, Dish's own crew or their contracted crew will do the work.

If Dishstore is like other "installers" or retailers, they'll want you to call them directly with issues. Dish has gotten pretty strict about service calls and "dinging" the companies or installers so some are working directly with the customer (without Dish's knowledge?). From what I've read, I can't say I blame them !

I was going to order dish through dishstore, as everyone seems to say they have the best deal. However, when I call the 800 numbers on their site, I'm just taken to a generic call center and they seem to not know any of the specifics about dishstore specifically.

So, a few questions:

How does one contact dishstore directly to order? Or does one just call the call center?

If I order through DishStore, who actually installs it locally?

If I have issues with the service and/or hardware, do I call DishStore? Or at that point am I just dealing with DishNetwork directly?

What I really am looking for is to be able to talk to someone to straighten out the package and hardware I want and what that will ultimately cost and NOT be constantly pushed into the sale, which you definitely get if you call DishNetwork directly.

Ultimately, I *think* this is what I'm after:

TurboHD Bronze = $25/month
PlatinumHD Add-on = $10/month
722 HD DVR for two TVs = ??? (not sure how that is paid for/rented)
DVR Service = $5/month
Taxes+Fees+Random other charges = ???

I can't quite tell what DishStore gives me on top of the generic Dish deals. It looks like it's mainly that $125 rebate...which is significant, of course.

Let me know how this works out for you and how much the 722 costs. I'm thinking of doing about the exact same package. Thx

If you're in the "greater" Detroit area, Dishstore's installers will do the work. If you're elsewhere, Dish's own crew or their contracted crew will do the work.

Is that good? Bad?

Should I try and go with an all-local outfit?

Does Claude work for the DishStore or the call center their 800 number forwards to?

I can't answer your first two questions.

For the third, Claude owns DishStore. I know nothing about this call center or if it's part of Claude's "store" or if he outsources to them. Are you calling during normal business hours ?

The call center tkes calls for DishStore after hours. Cll durring regular business hours and talk to Claude and he will take care of you.

Ah! OK, I'll give a call tomorrow during the day. They must not be open on Saturdays.

Hall...yea, that's what's confusing. I called yesterday and it says 'press # something for new subscribers' and then I talk to some lady who knows nothing of DishStore and just states 'we're a call center for dishnetwork' and then explains that I'm pretty much just buying straight from dish network.

Well, I just talked to Claude in person at DishStore and he was great. Answered all my questions in detail, was very friendly, and I'd say at least 500% easier to deal with than most any sales person at DirecTV or DishNetwork that I've talked with.

So, I'll add on to the pile of folks that recommend Claude@DishStore!

what is the benefit vs. ordering right from DISH? Buying and owning the equipment vs. leasing it?????

I'm confused....

pfan

DishStore is an authorized retailer with knowledgeable, English speaking people and better initial deals. You do not have to buy equipment from them.

I just bought a 211k from Claude. Previous to the purchase I sent him several e-mails about some questions and got responses within a few hours. I haven't opened the box yet (on the road), but shipping was good and so has the service been so far.

Based on what I have so far, I would recommend them.

Vis

what is the benefit vs. ordering right from DISH? Buying and owning the equipment vs. leasing it?????

I'm confused....

pfan

Claude is a human with a real name that lives in the US and who answers the phone and is actually able to answer all my questions.

So, that would be the advantage over trying to get through any corporate phone maze to do the same. ;o)

Did you point out to him that his "deals" are apparently only valid M-F, from 8-5 ?

LOL LOL LOL

You can actually order on the weekends and get the Dishstore deal. The agents who pick up might not know about our special offer here, but the rebate is valid as long as you print out the rebate form and mail it in.

BTW, glad I was able to speak with you today on the phone and got you setup :)

Claude G
Dishstore.net

Thanks again, Claude! It was definitely a nice way to go about getting hooked up! (granted, I should probably knock on some wood until the installer actually shows up. ;o)

What sort of "better deals" can I get with Dishstore? I'm looking to sign my grandmother up with Dish Network (even though I'm a D* subscriber, I don't need the $50 credit that bad), and on Dish Network's website I can get the America's Top 200 package with 2 room DVR and locals for $49.99/month, with a $50 credit for the first month and $99 activation fee waived. Given that configuration, could I get something "better" via Dishstore?

What sort of "better deals" can I get with Dishstore? I'm looking to sign my grandmother up with Dish Network (even though I'm a D* subscriber, I don't need the $50 credit that bad), and on Dish Network's website I can get the America's Top 200 package with 2 room DVR and locals for $49.99/month, with a $50 credit for the first month and $99 activation fee waived. Given that configuration, could I get something "better" via Dishstore?
Call them and find out.

I think they offer pretty much what Dish offers directly, with the exception that you get an additional rebate from Dishstore of up to $100 or so depending on the type of packages you purchase.

But that's just a bonus, IMHO. The real reason to order through them is that Claude is knowledgeable and able to fully answer your questions. When I called both Dish directly I'd get some vague responses from the CSRs that I'm sure weren't completely correct, and the person at the call center I had called accidentally kept having to ask her supervisor for confirmation after every question I asked.

Bottom line, the 'deal' with DishStore is that it's just a lot more pleasant to deal with. ;o)

I think they offer pretty much what Dish offers directly, with the exception that you get an additional rebate from Dishstore of up to $100 or so depending on the type of packages you purchase.

But that's just a bonus, IMHO. The real reason to order through them is that Claude is knowledgeable and able to fully answer your questions. When I called both Dish directly I'd get some vague responses from the CSRs that I'm sure weren't completely correct, and the person at the call center I had called accidentally kept having to ask her supervisor for confirmation after every question I asked.

Bottom line, the 'deal' with DishStore is that it's just a lot more pleasant to deal with. ;o)
I think I may call them up then, because my grandmother is very resistant towards getting satellite, but her cable rates are outrageous and Dish (even D*) can offer so much more at a much better price. For an equivalent deal with Comcast it would cost like $80+ a month, versus < $50 a month and better service (I have to imagine.) I have some specific questions about the dish that I think someone like Claude may be better at answering than Kahli over at Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)