Dislikes/Bugs on the 522

poonjahb said:
Actually, I had this same problem this morning before work. I couldn't change channels via the up/down, couldn't enter the channel number, couldn't hit guide. But I found that if I pushed the menu button, then option 1 for program guide, it still brought it up and allowed me to change the channel that way.

On an unrelated note... I am new to satellite service, but noticed this morning when it was misting and really foggy out I had almost no signal at all, but it started to get stronger as it cleared up (back up to over 100 on the signal meter in my 522), yet Monday when we got over 5 inches of snow, the signal never went out at all. Is this a known problem with Dish, or should I be calling customer service and having somone come out to look at it?

thanks for the fix. It works.

This is not a problem unique to dish or 522s. Weather does affect signal quality. In our area it is usually dust storms which cause extremely low signal quality.
Extreme rainstorms or snow storms to a lesser extent. Sometimes if you have an outdoor cable connection which is open to moisture you will lose signal quality when it is damp and then it gets better when fog clears up.
As an aside, our signal quality on the 110 side is always about 2/3rds of the quality on the 119 side and it is the 110 channels we usually have trouble with.

With a clear view(no trees or other obstructions) to the sat. these conditions should always be short lived unless you live in an extreme environment. If they are frequently occurring or last a long time you may have a misaligned dish or other connection type problem.

cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts