disney and espn hd updates?

Even if you hadn't read about it yet, the pigs flying above would have clued you in. ;)

I never the story on why Dish Network lost HD feeds of ABC/Disney programming: ABC Family, Disney Channel, whichever ones from ESPN. Has it been a good couple years?

I never the story on why Dish Network lost HD feeds of ABC/Disney programming: ABC Family, Disney Channel, whichever ones from ESPN. Has it been a good couple years?

It's been a great couple of years. :D:D

Dish refused to let Disney double dip them with separate SD and HD fees,

Dish refused to let Disney double dip them with separate SD and HD fees,

DISH could easily get around this by offering only the HD feed and those with SD get the HD feed with the bars and the SD resolution of course. Though this would require every DISH customer to have HD boxes to begin with....

not necessarily. Dish gets the HD feed of ESPN and downconverts it for SD subs (and black bar top and bottom it)
There is no SD master feed of ESPN anymore

if there was an update, it would be in a thread posted by Scott, and not to mention he would post in on the front page of the site, and also if he didn't have it up, I'm sure someone on the inside at Dish or Disney or a news report would be posted.

and not to mention, no new news from Dish and Disney regrading the lawsuit induced ongoing dispute over the Disney HD channels that were previously on dish and channels like ESPNU HD and both SD and HD versions of The Longhorn Network, and the HD version of SoapNet which will be relaunch as Disney Junior.

DISH could easily get around this by offering only the HD feed and those with SD get the HD feed with the bars and the SD resolution of course. Though this would require every DISH customer to have HD boxes to begin with....
I don't believe Disney would allow that either.

I think Scott has previously mentioned (but my memory, as usual could be faulty :D) that this contract is up either late this year or early next year. Early talks (again as I recall this has been mentioned here) have not gone well. DISH will not accept the huge increase that I'm 100% certain Disney will want (someone has to pay for the new football deals). I'm prepared for the fact that ESPN may disappear for a few days / weeks before everything gets settled or this one could get ugly if DISH truly decides the ESPN is going to the Sports tier. I would love the Family Channel, ESPNU and ESPNews in HD (again except U which never has been on DISH). But I don't see that happening soon. However, the one thing I am certain of is that once this all starts, this board will be ALL OVER IT which is a good thing.

Has ESPN News changed? I just flipped it on channel 142, and it looks like ESPNU where it looks like it is the HD version in SD.

I said this before at another forum. We'll be seeing those Disney channels in HD when the 2013 rate increase is implemented. Dish will raise rates by an extra dollar just to settle with Disney and all those HD feeds will reappear. I have a gut feeling that this has been the plan since they realized they couldn't win the lawsuit started by Disney. So they just delay the inevitable to a time when those fees won't hurt their pocketbook.

So what can we do to fix all these missing HD channels?...

We could all agree to not pay our bills and boycott anything Walt until they settled.

We might even be able to bring FearNet back.

I am ready to start in April are u?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

wkomorow said:
Are there any missing channels, except for junior which just started, I thought it was just the HD feeds that were missing.

From what i see the hd feeds to espn news, disneyxd,abc family and disney channel were cut off but we have all in sd except disney jr that just launched and was nevor added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts