Disney+ Error code 83 on Firestiks

NewsTips

EM84tx
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 19, 2012
Taylors,SC
I have a new Firestik and an old (Square) Firestik. They both have the latest software. When I try to launch Disney+ I get Error Code 83. This happens on both Firestiks. The services we have or pay for at this instant are Amazon and Sling. I wanted to start Disney+ but having this error code. I am guessing that I can only get Prime TV on a firestik so I have to keep these POS tuners for amazon at least.

My Philips TV is 4K and semi smart but the most it has been able to do redundant to the Firestik I think is Netflix before we cancelled recently. So I could get Netflix on the TV as well as the external Firestik. FWIW.

Should I get some different hardware that is known to work with Disney+? (Sling or something?)

What about the 4k Google ChromeCast? They just released a $30.00 1080p according to Wikipedia... its so new they dont yet know the Part Number.

ps
Not sure we even want Disney+ since we really disagree with them politically morally and a few other ways. But its $8 bucks I can afford to lose.

Last edited:
I too get everything Else...
I'm looking for someone who solved this ERROR 83 problem I'm at a dead-end both these sticks have same and latest software.
im using a firestick, i have disney+, hulu, hbomax, directv stream
all work fine

I too get everything Else...
I'm looking for someone who solved this ERROR 83 problem I'm at a dead-end both these sticks have same and latest software.
I found this:

ONN 4K box at Walmart for $20 is my favorite device at the moment for everything. Plex, SiriusXM, Youtube, YoutubeTV, Philo, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, ESPN+ and HBOMax all work fine. I dont have any errors on 4K firesticks or 4K Rokus, but the little ONN 4K box has a remote I like and it also controls my surround receiver.