Disney HD back on dish?

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
Scott can you verify that all of Disney's HD will be on dish coming this October?

I think that my pal who works for Disney is playing a cruel joke or did he tell me the truth?

Doubtful. If Dish and Disney worked out a deal they would be trumpeting it and the channels would come back immediately. They would not be waiting a month since they are already carried.

Lately with Dish I am trying to learn to expect the worst and hope for the best. Just like with the Fox channels, I am expecting them to leave on Oct 1 and be gone for god knows how long. I am hoping for the best though. So maybe they will bring back the Disney HD the same day they yank the Fox channels. Maybe it is the new way that they have devised to have more space for more HD, give us the channels for a while then yank them, then bring those back and yank some more.

I have not heard anything... I am sure if there was news like that we would have heard something already. And normally at the end of a dispute the channels come back immediately.

I have not heard anything... I am sure if there was news like that we would have heard something already. And normally at the end of a dispute the channels come back immediately.

Scott I was hoping that dish had reached an agreement with Disney in order to soften the blow if fox leaves dish.

Scott are their anymore good or bad news on the horizon? I hope that this is it.

My local Fox station is also not owned by Fox, so the only channel I would lose that I care at all about is FX. Hopefully all this is much ado about nothing, but I'm not holding my breath either.

That sucks that Dish managed to screw this up and lose these channels. Some of my daughters favorite shows are on those channels. Dish keeps dropping the ball. And sounds like they are about to drop the biggest ball of all soon.

The only channels in danger at the moment are FX, National Geographic and your local FSN sports network.

Its not all the FOX channels which are in trouble.

Loss of FX is a deal breaker. My wife would go bizerko! Not to mention the not being able to watch Son's!!
Since that is the ONLY thing I watch on FX, I would hang in and wait for DVD. BBC America is more important to me, and it's not on Direct.

The only channels in danger at the moment are FX, National Geographic and your local FSN sports network.

Its not all the FOX channels which are in trouble.
Scott - with regards to the FSN's, will this affect the Center Ice hockey package? They get most of the center ice games via FSN, so that would really suck to lose those! I figure if I do lose my local FSN, then I'll have to "move" to a location where I can get the Kings and Ducks games via Center Ice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts