Disney XD HD

here is a good question what happen when i had the hopper with sling before h3 came we got a app with all the disney and abc shows like we can stream some shows on the app i think it was called more video services.

Then get a roku
or simply watch it On Demand on the Dish receiver you already own. Roku or On Demand it's all streamed.... Let me ask you Juan, do you work for Roku? I actually own a Roku and an Apple TV and I also have a Hopper 3 which replaced a Hopper 1 which replaced a 722. They all have/had streaming. There is simply no purpose in purchasing a Roku to get Disney channels in HD!

or simply watch it On Demand on the Dish receiver you already own. Roku or On Demand it's all streamed.... Let me ask you Juan, do you work for Roku? I actually own a Roku and an Apple TV and I also have a Hopper 3 which replaced a Hopper 1 which replaced a 722. They all have/had streaming. There is simply no purpose in purchasing a Roku to get Disney channels in HD!
nah..picture quality is much better than the usual provider compressed HD..as long as you have a high speed connection..even SD looks good

nah..picture quality is much better than the usual provider compressed HD..as long as you have a high speed connection..even SD looks good
Ya know what, you are doing nothing here but trolling. I am glad I have an ignore feature, it going to get some use....

Juan, it is a DOWNLOAD via Dish using internet connection providing excellent HD PQ, better than the linear live channel and at least as good as with a Roku. Your above statement is irrelevant to viewing via download as opposed to "streaming" or Dish or other MVPD live linear channel. Further, you can download as many episodes of a show you want at one time creating a que and they will all dowload one after another resulting in several episodes on your HDD READY to playback as if from your DVR recordings. You can begin playback immediately as the rest of the show downloads. Also, ALL trick-play (DVR commands) available just like watching it from your DVR list, not so with the Roku Disney app. I have Roku's (plural), but the "streaming" experience is not at all like the "download" experience, as Dish provides.

I hope your stock in Roku appreciates once Android TV takes over (the Fire already gaining):).

Once again with those pesky facts getting in the way of the knee-jerk soundbite.

Well in all Honesty, Dish shouldn't use VOD as an answer to every missing HD channel they don't have.
A lot of customer only have 211s.

I may have Hoppers but there are times I would like a live channel to record.
And I do a ton of Dish on Demand, and while the PQ is good, It's not much different then the live HD feeds.
Certainly not better than Netflix PQ.
And I have 60 MBPS service.

If Dish wants to be a streaming only company, we'll then that's a different story.
But it's about time they get these missing HD feeds, It is after all 2016.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

If Dish wants to be a streaming only company, we'll then that's a different story.
But it's about time they get these missing HD feeds, It is after all 2016.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yep. It's about freaking time. Full-time RSNs in HD but they can't get Junior and XD in HD after their 'kiss and make up' with Disney from a few years back? The bandwidth discussion should be a sweet memory in this day and age.

The VOD s a nice bandaid but many Rebels episodes didn't drop day-of and the season finale HD on demand was withheld an extra day - it was almost unwatchable in SD.

Time to fix this, Dish. I love the service but this non-HD issue is peeing in an otherwise comfortable pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. It's about freaking time. Full-time RSNs in HD but they can't get Junior and XD in HD after their 'kiss and make up' with Disney from a few years back? The bandwidth discussion should be a sweet memory in this day and age.

The VOD s a nice bandaid but many Rebels episodes didn't drop day-of and the season finale HD on demand was withheld an extra day - it was almost unwatchable in SD.

Time to fix this, Dish. I love the service but this non-HD issue is peeing in an otherwise comfortable pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i have to agree with this nice getlemen maybe it is time to have dish add the rest of the channels that actually have hd feeds added on.directv just turned on 3 4k channels so what about you guys at dish.what are you going to do to counterpoint against directv?

i have to agree with this nice getlemen maybe it is time to have dish add the rest of the channels that actually have hd feeds added on.directv just turned on 3 4k channels so what about you guys at dish.what are you going to do to counterpoint against directv?
It's not that easy Allen. Just let the people who know what they are doing do their job. If you want the HD feeds I'm sure directv will be glad to have you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: pattykay
There is no reason to not being transmitting HD content exclusively other than legacy TV shows/channels like Boomerang for example.. It's been years since the mandate by the FCC. Having to use hacks to watch a show in HD is ridiculous.

Boomerang is not a TV channel mandated by the Government. Only over the air channels were mandated to go digital... but they had no mandate to go HD, channels that have gone digital can still broadcast in SD if they want to.

There are many many channels that are in SD only and have ZERO plans of going to HD

Bandwidth, cost of HD equipment, upconverting vast libraries...there are plenty of reasons a channel may choose not to go HD. As Scott points out, the mandate was only for OTA channels, and digital does not mean HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts