Disney XD HD

Valid point, that I am already aware of. On the contrary, Disney XD is available in HD along with Disney Jr, and Nick Jr. Dish is the only provider I am aware of (that is a large provider) that does not offer these channels in HD. There is no excuse not to offer them. This has been a complaint for some time now by many.

Reactions: syphix
Well now that season 2 of Star Wars Rebels ended last week, I can rewrite my OP to be, "Do you think that Dish will add Disney XD in HD before season 3 of Star Wars Rebels starts?"

I've gotten used to, I guess, watching it in SD on release day and then watching the same episode again in HD a few days later when it appears on Dish OD. But... it would be very nice to be able to DVR them in HD to keep long term. The OD HD episodes disappear pretty quickly.

Reactions: pattykay
Well now that season 2 of Star Wars Rebels ended last week, I can rewrite my OP to be, "Do you think that Dish will add Disney XD in HD before season 3 of Star Wars Rebels starts?"

I've gotten used to, I guess, watching it in SD on release day and then watching the same episode again in HD a few days later when it appears on Dish OD. But... it would be very nice to be able to DVR them in HD to keep long term. The OD HD episodes disappear pretty quickly.

Not to keep pushing it, but can you watch it on a Roku, the biggest plus was new episodes were on Wednesday morning, so you have watched it in HD before it was on at 9.

Valid point, that I am already aware of. On the contrary, Disney XD is available in HD along with Disney Jr, and Nick Jr. Dish is the only provider I am aware of (that is a large provider) that does not offer these channels in HD. There is no excuse not to offer them. This has been a complaint for some time now by many.
Bandwidth is a big issue. Contracts are a big issue. It will come when it comes. If you need it now there are plenty of other providers that you pointed out that carry the channels. Go to them and your problem is solved. There is no reason to keep crying over this. There a hundreds of threads like this and dish knows. They know what they need to offer and those channels in not being in HD are not hurting them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I know there are other options to get the programming in HD - my revival of this topic a few days ago was not meant to be whining/crying, but rather to ask anyone (specifically Scott, since he seems to have the insider info most of the time) if this was something that Dish was going to move on any time soon. I remember when Dish and Disney resolved their dispute a few years back that there was speculation/rumor that all of their channels would be available in HD once Dish had more bandwidth. With the expansion of the RSN HD channels to almost-full time (something that we were told for years would most likely never happen due to Charlie's belief that it was a waste of bandwidth), I was just wondering if any of the other missing HD channels were likely to be added.

i will be checking the uplink report at 230 pm our time and see if we have any new hd channels coming or any word on 4k?

I have been watching Disney XD using the app on the Roku and Chromecast and the quality is way better than a Dish HD channel.
And if you watched Disney XD on your Dish receiver via On Demand it would look the same as your Roku/Chromecast because it is all streamed, probably from the same place....

Not to keep pushing it, but can you watch it on a Roku, the biggest plus was new episodes were on Wednesday morning, so you have watched it in HD before it was on at 9.

Is Roku something that I have to buy or subscribe to?

Is Roku something that I have to buy or subscribe to?
No, you have an option of buying the receiver. They have Roku 2,3 or 4, plus a streaming stick. Once you purchase the box its yours.Some of the programming is paid but there are alot of free stuff on there.

Dish should find a way to stream the live internet channels (that dish credentials work for) via the Hopper 3 and add the channels to the guide. That would eliminate the need for more satellites and possibly add 4k content in a more efficient manner

I accidentally came across the Disney XD app on my Hopper 3 just now. Press the Apps button until the Apps screen is maximized --> Scroll to bottom right and select More Video Services. Not sure if this is new with the recent update.

There you go Disney XD in HD via the Hopper 3. Great work around until SD inevitably goes away.

I accidentally came across the Disney XD app on my Hopper 3 just now. Press the Apps button until the Apps screen is maximized --> Scroll to bottom right and select More Video Services. Not sure if this is new with the recent update.

There you go Disney XD in HD via the Hopper 3. Great work around until SD inevitably goes away.

At dish sd won't go away. Heck, Disney xd was in hd on dish before the Disney dispute a few years ago.

Reactions: reddice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts