Dispatch Dispute, OTA Tuner, Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redgarter437

Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Terra Prime
Hello.

As a Dish customer in the Indianapolis market, I am impacted by the dispute Dish is having with Dispatch Broadcast Group. Our local NBC affiliate is being blocked on the satellite tuner.

I have a 922 with an OTA tuner. Our local station's program guide on the satellite channel (13-00) is parsed correctly for program times, but of course is displaying "Important Information..." and no program information. I'm OK with this.

However, on the OTA channel in the guide (13-01), this is simply mirrored to whatever 13-00 shows -- times parsed correctly, but no show titles. However, show information IS shown on the "info" pages for the OTA programs -- necessitating me to literally one by one hit info for every prime time program to figure out which ones I need to set to record.

Is there a way to get the OTA channel guide to download the correct names, instead of simply mirroring the satellite guide?

Thanks for any help!

Not until the dispute is settled.
Until then you will not get the info.

Sent from my DROIDX

Is there a way to get the OTA channel guide to download the correct names, instead of simply mirroring the satellite guide?

That is exactly what should happen. But Dish doesn't do the logical/helpful thing, and hasn't for YEARS. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)