Display Best Buy

I mean hooked to TV so people can flip thru channels etc. Odd there isn't at least one I went to, I assume Best Buy gets a cut or something, if nothing else would want as many sales as possible of DVR's and receivers.

If you have the Target debit or credit card, you'll get 5% off these prices.

A3E13232-7B5A-4B77-9335-2469F5E9F2E3.png

Reactions: cee
$199 for a brand new recvr with dvr, thats ok for a service that has a history, like D* or DISH, but paying that for a new company, to me that is something I doubt I would spend.

It seems a lot to pay upfront for some perhaps, but with no contract, I don't see it as a terrible deal.

I think cannonz is referring to ATSC 3.0. It's certainly a good question.
Yes, but like I said after looking around saw is not mandatory for broadcasters to switch, I doubt few will after what it cost them to do digital, Don't see a lot of demand for 4K and 3D was just a silly idea from beginning.

Been looking around I thought all broadcasters would have to switch to 3.0 but is optional I doubt few will.
Next Gen TV is entirely optional (for broadcasters) at this time and while several station owner's groups and a couple of Korean TV manufacturers have been talking huge about their intentions, the only place they seem to be getting serious about it is Phoenix and that is part of a broadcaster-sponsored testing effort.

With all of the chatter, there's still no way for the public at large to adopt the new technology. In terms of adoption, this equates to 0%. I expect that viewer adoption will have to reach upwards of 95% before DTV is shut down but that can't happen until tuners become widely available and affordable.

It seems likely that DTV signals will be available for as many years as most of this equipment is designed to be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts