Disruption at end of shows

quarterwave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Ohio
I don't get on here much, but I tried to look around for this first...

I notice at the end of just about any show, ending at any time :)00, :30, :15) I get a video only break up and stutter for about 2 seconds.

This is quite annyoing, and it seems to have started in the last 6 months.

Receiver = 211k with add on Hard Drive for DVR.

Last edited:
I don't get on here much, but I tried to look around for this first...

I notice at the end of just about any show, ending at any time :)00, :30, :15) I get a video only break up and stutter for about 2 seconds.

This is quite annyoing, and it seems to have started in the last 6 months.

Receiver = 211k with add on Hard Drive for DVR.

I have the same problem ever since I moved from 2 722K's to 2 Hoppers. It happens on every channel at the end of every show.

I keep reading this more and more on here but I have yet to see it myself or heard it from any customers. Is this a geographical thing?

I have had the problem for about 3 months. they have never solved the problem for me. it happens just before the top of the hour and just before the half hour mark. I have called and nothing was done. I have learned to live with for now.

The only time I experience a non random reoccurring video breakup is when I pause a live SD viewing and press play a minute to a few minutes after. Usually, I do this for my daughter when she is watching the Junior block on Disney Channel. I also caught it when pausing movies on The Movie Channel and Encore.

It happens at the same time that the guide data changes to the next show coming up and has been talked about on here for quite awhile. Search for :29 and :59 dropouts.

Which has been real confusing to those of us trying to see if it affects our receivers because it doesn't happen at :29 nor at :59. Or so I understand from your post and others.

It certainly does on mine. Top and bottom of every hour like clockwork. To see that it happens when the guide data flips to the next show push your info button a minute before the next show (as I stated the :29 for 30 minute shows and / or :59 for half hour and hour long shows) and when the guide data flips you will see a brief pixelation and audio dropout lasting a second or two. Once you see it, you will always see it. You should be thankful you havent noticed it yet.

I have seen it on my vip 722 receiver for about 5 months now. Last night i was on the guide at the top of the hour, the sound dropped out for a split second, and the picture pixilated right when the guide moved to the next time block. I was able to go to live tv and back it up and the sound and pixilation was still there. So it is related to the guide updating to the next time block.

Perhaps related, at the half-hour, with the guide open on a 722, it will jump from the time offset to another, occasionally changing to the current channel. It takes me a long time in the guide to look over all the potential shows, checking out their ratings at IMDb or entry in my spreadsheet--more than a 1/2 hour many times. If the guide cursor is at the current half-hour it will jump ahead up to 2.5 hours. I have not (yet) seen it on the Hopper. I end up like to go through the channels at a time of day and advance in 3 hour multiples so I can catch this bug when I'm not looking. It has been there for years.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)