Status
Please reply by conversation.

tpayne105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Dallas, TX
Hello all

I live in Dallas and I have had the New York HD channels (except ABC) since I have had my HD tv. My question is...is it possible at all for me to receive the NY ABC so I can get a good picture on the ABC HD network?

Anyone in Dallas have this channel? The NY ABC HD Distant Local???

Thanks

Todd

Why? HD locals are available in Dallas-don't you have them? Or is it that the Dallas ABC affiliate is having PQ problems?

The HD network stations (ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC) are available through DirecTV, so there's no chance they will allow you to get the national ABC feed. I'm surprised that they haven't cut you off from the others already.

When DTV start broadcasting the DFW stations, WFAA-ABC was not included in the HD package... had to do with negotiations between DTV and Belo. But they've worked that out, and have been broadcasting for at least a month.

Does Directv plan to keep the NY HD networks on CONUS? I see that they're duplicated in MPEG-4 on a spotbeam, so I would think that doesn't bode well for subscribers who either have or are thinking about "moving" to get these channels -- is that right?

Newshawk said:
Why? HD locals are available in Dallas-don't you have them? Or is it that the Dallas ABC affiliate is having PQ problems?

My guess is that since the Belo group has standardized on 1080i, Dallas is one of the few ABC stations broadcasting in 1080i.

Obviously, we know that the 1080i HD LIL have been more challenging to look "average" (we are a long way off from any HD LIL from looking great) compared to 720p.

It probably is having the issues many 1080i HD LILs are having.

All 4 networks are available via Directv but I don't want to invest in the receiver that cannot record....*D needs to get its act together and SOON

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)